• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Complex

Started by Nielk1, February 27, 2008, 09:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

SMF has a session var called something like "browser_hacks" that is an array of various things to fix across browsers automagically.  If phpBB has something like that then just use it to see if "ie6" or "pngfix" or whatever it would be for phpBB is in it, and if so then pass another css url instead of the main one.  Or better yet, just add another css link after the main one that just includes hacks to the main one to work in worse browsers as it will override the main one settings.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

squirrelof09

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

VSMIT

Ping the site and try the IP.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Spawn

You try editing your hosts file?

Nielk1

You have to understand I can make web pages but I do not understand how the actual network connections to them work.

The Site5 server I am on is *Ammo*ed up, they are working on it, but it is out of my hands.

Going to the site by IP wont get get you past the first page as a lot of the things reference the address. :|

Click on the image...

Spawn

hosts file is a local override for dns I believe.

OvermindDL1

Correct, it is an initial lookup point.  Consequently, my hosts file is many hundreds of kb in size, update regularly enough from a blacklist on the net, and a local webserver that returns nothing for every request (literally, it does return, just returns nothing) so most ads and so forth on the net I never see, regardless of the browser, and the page loads faster. :)

Spawn

It's what all the people who are too cool for adblock do.

OvermindDL1

I use adblock too, very useful for removing little other pesky embedded things and so forth. :)

squirrelof09

Could ya show me an example of what your hosts file looks like OM?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Spawn

OvermindDL1

A random part of mine:
127.0.0.1       ads.tucows.com
127.0.0.1       adcontent.gamespy.com
127.0.0.1       ads4.advance.net
127.0.0.1       ads1.advance.net
127.0.0.1       eur.yimg.com
127.0.0.1       ad.harmony-central.com
127.0.0.1       sg.yimg.com
127.0.0.1       adverity.adverity.com
127.0.0.1       ads.bloomberg.com
127.0.0.1       mojofarm.mediaplex.com
127.0.0.1       ads.mysimon.com
127.0.0.1       ad.img.yahoo.co.kr
127.0.0.1       adimages.go.com
127.0.0.1       ads.paxnet.co.kr
127.0.0.1       ads.paxnet.com
127.0.0.1       ads.eu.msn.com
127.0.0.1       wwa.hitbox.com
127.0.0.1       ads.nytimes.com
127.0.0.1       ads.erotism.com
127.0.0.1       banner.rootsweb.com
127.0.0.1       ads.ole.com
127.0.0.1       adimg1.chosun.com
127.0.0.1       ss.mtree.com

As stated though, it is very large...  I have migrated most of it to my local dns server, I really should clean it out and just let the dns server resolve it since the windows networking stack really kinda such for this kind of stuff.

Nielk1

I've done some fixes. I probably still have some validation errors, but I got the script working again and I have a secondary CSS load to force the page to use the slightly larger background images taht are script friendly.

Click on the image...

Nielk1

Grrr. I am doing a full site backup because the server owners haven't gotten off their lazy asses and fixed the issue yet,

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

you mean gotten 'on' their lazy arses  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com