• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Some questions about the ISDF bridge ramp and segment objects

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, February 28, 2008, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

I know a permanent mega-upload method if anyone is interested.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

I noticed that the export terrain thingy molds the terrain when moving it around the map. Tanks guys...BNG
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

All you have to do is make a shape, set it as the 'terrain__h', and place it as a simple building.  When removed the terrain will remain the same shape.  This can be used to 'stamp' the terrain over and over, or make things like ramps that are hard to do with the sculpting tools.

-Av-

BNG Da BZ Fool

That's very cool. A modeler could make a whole city of building like structures, ruins, or even fortress type stuff. I wonder if anyone has tried to make some mouse maze type maps; I'll bet the AI goes nuts on such maps. Still, I would imagine that if the walls weren't too high most would eventually be able to scale them after a while or find a way around them. A while back I replaced some of the stock map texture files on some of the maps with my own textures and the results were pretty cool; of course, I only only used them on the top layer. So I'm guessing that any textures placed below the first layer are visible for the texture blending function to take place huh? That might be one way to simulate build windows on raised terrain as it's raised the square painted objects would expand and form into the window looking things; I'll have to try it out to see if it's worth the effort. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

CmptrWz

I once built a mouse maze style map out of tunnel segments. The AI dove in to the entrance, raced through, and came out the exit. No wrong turns, no real hesitation.

Spawn

I'm personally surprised that the AI didn't just push through the tunnels and appear on the surface like they do to everything else...

Nielk1

How big is a bz2 building segment? It doesn't quite match up with the grid in my editing program and I would prefer it did.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

in 3dsmax a normal base square (like a powergens one) is 16x16
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds