• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Taps conundrum

Started by Zero Angel, March 06, 2008, 06:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Does anyone know how to add a tap to a non-powered object?

I'm looking to do the following (the -> indicates that the object is tapped to the other object)

Elevator Shaft (classlabel: powered) -> Gravity Lift (classlabel: flaremine) -> Push Mine (Classlabel: magnetmine)

Problem is that the pushmine does not seem to get tapped to the gravity lift even when I add an hp_tap_1 to the gravity lift's model. Does anyone have any ideas to get around this?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

CmptrWz

Make the shaft a shieldtower, the push the shieldtower effect, and tap the lift to the shieldtower, perhaps?

Zero Angel

That would work if I was willing to make it a one-way elevator. Maybe i'll try that anyways.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

I don't believe it'll work until PB4 comes out...  in the meantime just remember that whatever 'owns' the tap has to normally require power...

-Av-