• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Gun/Effect Alignment

Started by Red Devil, March 08, 2008, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

The Hadean pilot's gun doesn't line up correctly with the shot effect.

Which model do I have to adjust and which HP do I have to move to get them to line up?
What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

from what I have learned about docked weapon models, the 3D representation means nothing. The weapon HP in the unit's model is where the bullets will come from and the dock hp (or whatever hp you are using for the dock) is where the visual model is tacked on. So, the visual model could be no where need the weapon.

To make it come out of the right spot, if you want to keep the corrent orientation of other weapons like the ISDF and Scion ones on that pilot, you will ahve to move the gun's visual model's dummy root equlianet thing that I forget the name of. You cannot move the point of origin of the weapons fire.

If the above is wrong, pelase let me know, because I am having some rather agrivating issues in relation to weapon models docked onto ships.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

all you have to do is move the hp_hand_1 hardpoint to wherever the front of the gun model is
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

The shot comes out of the end of the barrel where it should when viewed in 3rd person, but it doesn't line up with the weapon when viewed in 1st person pilot (cockpit).
What box???

Spawn

If that is the case RD, then I don't think it is possible to fix it without changing the first person model, which is animated.  It may be something to just leave alone as it doesn't seem all that important, unless it is different in 1.2 and the bug is caused by 1.3, but that is just my opinion and I know how you like things to be more than perfect.

Zero Angel

Its possible to do it by moving either the weapon HP forward on the pilot model, or by going into the XSI of the muzzle flash and moving its center axis on the root frame so that its just a little far back of the model. You gotta be careful of moving the weapon HP on the model because if you moved it forward too much then it will be possible to shoot through walls.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Interesting.  Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.
What box???

mrtwosheds

If its only in the first person cockpit view, you might want to tweak the first and last values of the animation of the weapon_cockpit model, if it has one.
These values will determine its position, only if they are 0,0,0 will the gun model appear with its root exactly at the hp dock point.
Just altering these values will move the gun position, when viewed in game.

The orientation of weapon models and cockpits is different from those of units for some weird reason.

bigbadbogie

i think that is because the size is different 0.12 to 0.1 or something
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

I tried tweaking the geometryScale values (they were different), but that didn't fix it.

I tried setting the first animation value to a larger value, and that moved the gun in the cockpit view to the right.

This must be due to me monkeying around with the gun placement for the Hadean pilot last year.  Details, details...

Thanks for all your help, guys.  Much appreciated.  :-)

Edit: BTW, I didn't try moving the HP's around in the model yet because that's more complicated.  (have to save the animations out, etc.)
What box???

Red Devil

I was able to get the gun moved to where the HP was, then I was able to (oddly) use ThreeD to line the HP up with the gun muzzle.

The running animation still moves the gun back to the center, so when you fire the gun while you're running, the shot comes from the side, but I'll save that for another day.   :roll:
What box???

Spawn

You never stop working man :D

Red Devil

Can't....help....it.  :-o

I can't decide if FE is pushing me forward or pulling me along.  :|
What box???

I speak from experience when I say that pilots are very tough to do...

My advice is place a stock gun in the pilot's hand and align all HP's based on that.  Be sure to check in both standing and sniping position, and note where the shot actually hits when sniping.  A very tiny misalignment can mean good looking visually but terrible accuracy when sniping.

Why the pilot model has the weapon HP's is beyond me... the weapon should have the weapon hp....

-Av-