• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

And now, an update to the upcoming CTN gamemode

Started by Steeveeo, March 18, 2008, 10:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Hey all, me again, here to fill you all in on some progress made on Capture the Nuke, a tackon to SRV v2.06.

Full image

Yup, two nukes at once, not something you wanna see hitting your base :P

Anyway, as you can see, Im using some custom textures. A really softened smoke sprite for the ground and an additive cloudy smoke sprite for the firey plume.

As you can also see, Im still using the stock smoke sprite for the column and the plume, anybody have any suggestions on what style I should use?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

make something that's a little "fuller"...not so full of holes for the stack/plume.. i remember vids of nukes looking like a solid fog tornado with a big bulb on top

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

That was with stock smoke too, youtube just screwed up the last part of the vid :P

Feared_1

*Feels the power of the nuke appearing in hands*

Steeveeo

Ok, now uses the soft smoke throughout, but I think it looks a little underdefined...

Full pic

Steeveeo

This thread was recieving some activity over at bz2md so I thought I'd update this one too.

(Click images for full size)

Feared_1

Having a hard time thinking whats going on in the first pic, but I have an idea.

Can't wait to get my hands on this one :-D

General BlackDragon

Steeveeo

Quote from: General BlackDragon on April 07, 2008, 07:24:55 PM
Steeveeo used bzbody.... :-P

You go right on ahead and stand in front of a nuclear shockwave without it if it pleases you, I'll be watching you get swallowed up by the radiation, from INSIDE the plume! ^_^

GreenHeart

From my what i've seen from explosion in real life I'd say the colors of your explosion are off & need to be tweaked abit to seem more real. 

When an explosion happens it starts off a big bang & then you'll see one big fireball rise up into the air.  The fireball slowly turns to smoke as the fire goes out.  The fire is usually alot more brighter at the start too.  Yes, i've seen a real 25 foot fireball once & i don't think i'll ever forget that moment when the center of the fireball came directly at my cab. For those that are wondering, i didn't get hurt.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

General BlackDragon

The smoke should either be more gray/white, and SLOWLY turn BLACK, or just fade off...

Steeveeo

I tried a grey color, the problem is, that when I do, it looks way too soft...

bigbadbogie

hmm.. then maybe its an image issue - try darkening the smoke texture in photoshop or whatever
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Holy crap! This would look awesome if I could get rid of the square outline.

This is what I got when I changed the blendmode of the cloudy smoke tex in the plume to "srccolor dstcolor decal".

Now THAT looks weird!

Nielk1

I'd love a documentation of what the different words mean in different places.

Click on the image...