• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sorta OT, Battlezone2 - to - Halo CE conversion project.

Started by Warfreak, March 19, 2008, 07:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

Most of the details are at this link BZCOMPLEX Topic on the project

If anyone is interested in such a project, please send .3ds of any model you want to see in the game (stock please, unless you can justify I will have permission) or .TER and minimap pics of any map you want to see put into Halo CE.

Im ALSO going to be bringing Halo into BZ2, so if you want to help with making .odf, weapons, or mapping, please express this yearning in this post.

If i end up with enough support BOTH projects can be completed by about April 15th or so......... as this is not a mod, just basic model conversion and a few maps for both ends..

Thanks a bunch ~~~ Warfreak  :-D

Warfreak

Guess no one is interested...... :-(  ill have my maps for Halo done by Sunday if anyone wants to see the progress so far.

OvermindDL1

We are, just not exactly sure what you want done.  You can just use my ODL1Winter app to convert the ter's to 16-bit heightmaps and load that up into the engine as the terrain.

And for modelers of the original things, conversion is also easy from xsi, however it is not quite legal to include the stock units in another games mod, but you could have the installer convert and install them as necessary on the user's computer if BZ2 is detected...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Warfreak

Actually Om, its exactly what I've been doing for the terrain.........

Also, it should be noted that im only posting the maps here on BZU and on BZComplex until i can work out alot of the "flaws" in the maps...... like actual terrain texturing.

mrtwosheds

I don't think anyone will mind if the terrain textures look different, It would be hard to make a halo terrain look as horrible as some of the bz2 ones do...

Warfreak

well, as of right now, its only colored like the original terrain, its not really looking like the bz2 maps on like the cliffs and such. but the general color and terrain look perfect.

BTW, I jsut finished messing with HILO and MARS, so next on the list is River4, Pyramid, and the BZ1 Collosium.

Quote from: Warfreak on March 21, 2008, 07:36:31 AM
well, as of right now, its only colored like the original terrain, its not really looking like the bz2 maps on like the cliffs and such. but the general color and terrain look perfect.

BTW, I jsut finished messing with HILO and MARS, so next on the list is River4, Pyramid, and the BZ1 Collosium.

I always thought I was the only person who thought ripping around in Colli in a Warthog would be a blast...  :)

-Av-

Warfreak

I love Halo, just wish it were more Mod-friendly.  I know CE can do more but there's still no real reason to use it instead of a more mod-friendly engine.  Then there's the whole MS connection...  blech...  :)

-Av-

mrtwosheds

Quoteas of right now, its only colored like the original terrain
The colouring of the terrain in bz2 stock maps was one of those things they never bothered to finish. Mostly they are just one colour, great improvements can be made by painting with winter.

Warfreak

Im messing with halo as of now, but i really wanted to put this stuff in a Source engine game.............only problem is that Vista keeps crashing the Source engine modding tools.  :-(

About terrain coloration, I may/may not mess with the color of the terrain depending on how well it resembles the original maps and if it has too much of a cartoony look compared to the halo vehicles

Nielk1

I would love to take the Garry's Mod hover board code and modify it for use on ISDF hover tanks...

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteI may/may not mess with the color of the terrain depending on how well it resembles the original maps
I guess my point is that I think the original maps look crap mostly, reproducing that crap look may be what you want to do though. :lol:

Warfreak

yes and no........... sofar Dunes and Chill llok correct, but maps like Hilo may need to be recolored as blue dirt doesnt look correct.  :-)

Quote from: mrtwosheds on March 21, 2008, 10:01:46 AM
The colouring of the terrain in bz2 stock maps was one of those things they never bothered to finish. Mostly they are just one colour, great improvements can be made by painting with winter.

I have to disagree...  the 'Traitors Fate' Rend map is a beautiful thing... whoever made that really had a feel for Rend, as the canyon complex is beautifully colored and textured...  and that sky...  *sigh*

All we need is a 'heat haze' effect for the distance...  that'd make it perfect...

-Av-