• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Dog faced soldier rides Pee Wee Scooter into infamy

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, March 19, 2008, 03:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I am working on a mortar bike type with scout type performanace and weapons. Needed to have a pilot with a face so I searched my system for the perfect face and well um found this pic of my dog Pee Wee. It'll have a gun, rocket launcher, and special weapon. Guess I better give up drink when I make my models from now on...BNG
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Angstromicus

LOL! Don't forget the environmental suit if your dog is supposed to go on the surface of hostile planets like pluto!

anomaly

o_O Wow.  um... awesome.

So by mortar bike do you mean it'll have speed and acceleration like a mortar bike or will it fire a mortar weapon?

Feared_1

OH WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY!?

Oh, your dog, ok :)

Might I suggest FUR? :-D (Don't get me wrong, the face is very cuddly-looking.)

Steeveeo

HOLY crap! I saw that just as the page loaded and thought it was a Redead from LOZ... o_O

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

I guess it could serve both as a mortar and light scout. The texture basically came from the same photo as the dog face. The helmet was the tricky part as the pilot has no hands or feet so I integrated them into the body of the scooter. As you can tell I need to work on my texture making skills but I guess that'll come with time. I understand the UV mapping and unwrapping process a lot better now and did the whole thing from one photo dragged into Ixla Artist and then inserted 2 other graphic files over areas of the photos that I didn't really need and then basically positioned the UV mapped lines where I wanted them to appear on the model while observing the results in the 3d modeler. I guess one way to texture a model could be done by say sub dividing a 512x512 file into four or more equal areas and then painting the 4 parts individually to suit the needs of custom skinning a model this way.

AV's, method of rendering to graphic file also has a nice effect as well by capturing the lighting effects of the rendered scene to a graphic file. GSL, doesn't directly support this but I'm able to render the scene, then use the print screen function of Windows and then paste the render into my paint program for editing. What I need to do now is work on taking some diggy pics of frontal face shots and process them into more more animated looking faces and then apply them to pilot models that require them. I guess 3d faces could also be sculpted from these photos applied to flat plane objects and then extruded to get things like eyes, nose, lips, etc made. I would imagine with enough work a sphere object could be used to model a simple head in some detail. I would have to do the work in TS as GSL only allows up to 650 faces per scene/object. The UV work could be done in GSL as TS 3.2 doesn't directly support a UV unwrap utility, but the one in GSL is extremely easy to use. For anyone needing a decent UV editor/unwrap utility I highly recommend GSL even if that's the only thing you use it for. The paint face tool allows the modeler to mark off sections of a model for easy separation and positioning. There's a special set of arrows in the UV editor that allows the colored sections to be toggled through making it easier to sort the tangle of lines apart into logical chunks for output to a paint program.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Btw, it's "Scooty Puff Jr.", and you'd really rather have the "Scooty Puff Sr, the DOOMBRINGER"...   lol...

-Av-

(you'd all better know what that's from...)

Warfreak

Ah, those were the days when tv had more funny than you could ask for......... :-D

OvermindDL1

Yea, that was a good show, they got a new contract, did they not?

And yes, the texture makes or breaks the model, heck, the texture can turn a crap model into 'awesomeness'.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Warfreak

Yes, to show it on Comedy Central, but there are also new episiodes now comming out as Straight to DVD "movies"..... I need to get my hands on them..  :-)

hmm, thats an idea, make a Scooty Puff...... im gonna go sketch this out.

VSMIT

Just make sure the brains don't destroy the universe.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Why, the giant brain leaves Earth for no "raisin" at all.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.