• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Heh heh I could drive down the road and apply at Activision

Started by BS-er, March 25, 2008, 05:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS-er

Wow the game market changes every time you look.  The nearby game development studio Vicarious Visions has apparently been snatched up by Activision.  I never thought the developer/publisher of my first hardcore game interest would be coming to my neck of the woods here in upstate NY :).

It doesn't mean I'll apply any time soon, or that they'd necessarily accept me, but its kinda neat to know that such a potential might possibly exist.

The world is shrinking at an alarming rate...

Hey, while you're here, any chance of any of the newer 1.3 functions being supported by the Scriptor?

-Av-

BS-er

Uhh what's the Scriptor? :)  J/K.

I did an update with 1.3 functions, in Version 1.7 of the Scriptor.  Are there even newer 1.3 functions beyond what is covered in version 1.7 of the DLL Scriptor?

I'll look into it, but I could use some background on what is new, and where can I get the DLL code released by the 1.3 developers.

bigbadbogie

in pb4 there will probably be tonnes of new script possibilities - and if the scriptor is not updated they will be confined to people with c++ knowledge and therefore about 3 or 4 modders

hmm.... ask GSH
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Quote from: BS-er on March 26, 2008, 04:33:16 PM
Uhh what's the Scriptor? :)  J/K.

I did an update with 1.3 functions, in Version 1.7 of the Scriptor.  Are there even newer 1.3 functions beyond what is covered in version 1.7 of the DLL Scriptor?

I'll look into it, but I could use some background on what is new, and where can I get the DLL code released by the 1.3 developers.

GSH has been a very busy guy... I'm sure there'd be no problem getting you updated with what he's been doing, but I wouldn't ask you to do anything until the next Public release.  It's enough fun making a mod while the patch is evolving, let alone such an important utility.

I was just wondering if it was still something you'd be willing to do, being knee deep in MAD and all.

It would be nice having access to things like FORCE MORPH, FORCE UNMORPH, UNLOCK MORPH when it comes time to do the Chinese TRO missions...  as that's how the Cloak works.  :)   "Deploy" only works until they start moving...  little buggers decloak at that time and spoil the suprise.

-Av-, BZC slave and winner of the 'most threads brutally hijacked in one year' award three years running....  :)

OvermindDL1

bigbadbogie

only a genius could even begin to consider using python script - ITS JUST TOO HARD

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

It's easier than C++ and now I can do that, so does that make me a super genius?

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Python is considered one of the easiest languages to pick up, was designed with that in mind after all. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

bigbadbogie

great - so even if i spend the next 50 years learning python script it will still be inferior... whats the point of that?? and why is there more than 1 coding language at all??

My BZ2 mods:

VSMIT

Learn to write everything in binary.  Then you'll only have to learn 1 language.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Warfreak

Yes, thats why your face is binary huh...... :roll:

I am honestly looking into learning c++, mostly because that will be the only one my school will offer to teach.

Nielk1

Then you would be using Machine code instructions, which, are extremely specific to an exact hardware. I think most if not all PCs would be the same, but anything else... And then you have to access ram and everything else directly, and custom right everything.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Python is also one of the most powerful languages, able to mutate itself, able to interact with and bind to native code thus allowing access to any form of system interface, etc...  It is basically Perl, but easy to read, and if you know anything about Perl then perl can do anything, as can Python. :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Warfreak

They are named as such for a reason people.  :-D (Them Python can slither through anything.)