• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problems with BZ2 & Latest Nvidia Drivers (8800GT, 9600GT)

Started by Steeveeo, March 31, 2008, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

Man I'm last person you would talk to about technical stuff, but I bought that Indeos codecs program that allows newer pcs to play older games. It was only 15 dollars when I bought it quite a few years ago. Could this help people with these driver problems to play Battlezone II on newer pc's?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

VSMIT

Has anybody tried BZ with the GTX 200 or the HD 4800 yet?  I would like to know if those worked right, if at all.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

technoid

Quote from: Ego - Nikolas on July 09, 2008, 01:51:02 PMI was using uniflash and get adress of flash memory as pci adress and size...
Yeah, http://www.uniflash.org is sweet.  It revived an old motherboard of mine that became braindead after I initially burned it with the motherboard vendor's recommended flash burner (awdflash I believe).  Never tried it with a video card bios though.   UniFlash hasn't seem to be updated since 2005.  Not sure about those 2 other links either.

Here's a Google search, if you haven't already looked at the links in here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bios+flash+8800gt&btnG=Google+Search

Quote from: VSMIT on July 17, 2008, 08:51:27 PM
Has anybody tried BZ with the GTX 200 or the HD 4800 yet?  I would like to know if those worked right, if at all.

VSMIT.

Yes, please can someone verify that? :? My X1950XT mysteriously died two days ago, so I'm stuck with 7800GTX for now, it plays fine with older drivers, but getting choppy in newer games.... If ATI or NVIDIA fixed there drivers then I can finally jump to DX10 cards.
Thanks in advance.

TheJamsh

Steeveeo?

could you try something for me? roll youre drivers back to the microsoft driver and let me know how it works out? if you have the time =]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 15, 2008, 05:22:23 PM
Steeveeo?

could you try something for me? roll youre drivers back to the microsoft driver and let me know how it works out? if you have the time =]
I think I've already tried that, and the MS drivers are not built for the card, as just scrolling on a web page takes ages of screen refreshing.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

ah right... bummer

do you think the laptop versions of the 8 series will have problems? its either going to be an 8400M GT or and 8600M GS

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 16, 2008, 04:21:05 AM
ah right... bummer

do you think the laptop versions of the 8 series will have problems? its either going to be an 8400M GT or and 8600M GS
Most definitely, even though they are the mobile versions, they are still 8 Series

TheJamsh

damn. well i dont want to downgrade. ill keep the stock driver on the laptop and see what i get.

TheJamsh

my current card has 128 MB dedicated graphics memory, its a 7500 LE (OEM equipment)

if i change to a 256MB 8400M GS, or a 512MB 8600M GT... will i get a massive boost in framerates and things?

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 16, 2008, 10:01:49 AM
my current card has 128 MB dedicated graphics memory, its a 7500 LE (OEM equipment)

if i change to a 256MB 8400M GS, or a 512MB 8600M GT... will i get a massive boost in framerates and things?
Not on BZ2, but maybe other things, whats your processor? It may be a bottleneck.

TheJamsh

my current computer uses the GeForce 7500 LE with a dual-core Intel 6400 Processor

i then have the following options with my new laptop:

I get a Dual-Core Intel T7300, with the 256mb 8400M GS (£879)
OR
I get a Dual-Core Intel T7500, with the 512mb 8600M GT (£1099)

what do you think?

EDIT: Just been on the Intel website. and these are the processor specs:

Processor       -       Cores         -         Clock Speed        -           Front Side Bus (Mhz)          -            L2 Cache         -           Silicon Technology
6400             -        2              -         2.13 Ghz             -          1066                                -            2mb                -           65nm
7500             -        2              -         2.20 Ghz             -          800                                  -            4mb                -           65nm
7300             -        2              -         2.00 Ghz             -          800                                  -            4mb                -           65nm

GreenHeart

I'd say go with the higher ram since that should have the most proformance increase. When building a newer pc i'd strongly suggest going online to read the customer reviewers & manufacture's website for possible problems you might run into when building the pc.

Recently i built a newer pc however i ran into a bottleneck from something. The Maxium FPS didn't really increase however i did notice that the fps doesn't decrease much in a huge base & 50-70 units sitting at the factory.   Orginally i installed regular pc ram that had no sli support & then decided to switch to pc ram with sli support.  After installing the sli supported rame i noticed a huge difference in map loading time.
Normally most maps take 1-2 minutes to load with regular pc ram(No Sli Support) however with the sli supported ram installed most maps now only take 1-2 seconds.

New Pc:
Core 2 Extreme QX6850 - 3GHz
NVIDIA nForce 680i
Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB
Antect Nine Hundred Case
PC RAM: 4 sticks of 2GB Ram w/SLI support
WinXp Pro & Vista Ultimate
(Note: PC Ram with SLI support really helps alot dispite i have 768MB on the video card,some Operating systems limit how much pc ram can be used dispite whats really installed.)
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

you lucky bugger!

wish i had something like that! i only have space enough for a laptop =[

twin video cards is that? of is the 680i a motherboard?

GreenHeart

I had twin 8800 GTX, but i removed it after not seeing any increases in proformance with sli enabled\disabled so i removed the second card.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.