• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problems with BZ2 & Latest Nvidia Drivers (8800GT, 9600GT)

Started by Steeveeo, March 31, 2008, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i think sli is only really useful in ridiculously well graphiced games... like crysis or whatever...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

to all, see my post regarding older nVidia drivers. you can download all the older drivers there for all graphics cards made by nVidia.

Angstromicus

Speaking of 200 series cards, the 280 is working fine with me - 177.83 drivers (vista 64 bit). No problems here, I can play with all settings max (shadows disabled), including sky at max settings, and everything ran fine.

Wraith

Does anyone know where i can find the drivers or the older ones then these? Last release or older date.. dont know which one. I have Geforce FX 5200 nvida.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Steeveeo

Quote from: Wraith on October 23, 2008, 08:49:25 PM
Does anyone know where i can find the drivers or the older ones then these? Last release or older date.. dont know which one. I have Geforce FX 5200 nvida.
Dunno why you'd need it, none of the drivers I know of for that series cause this issue, but you can get any version of your drivers at Guru3d.com.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Wraith

I just formatted and dont have any video card drivers installed.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Quote from: Total Oblivion Omnis on September 24, 2008, 02:21:31 PM
Speaking of 200 series cards, the 280 is working fine with me - 177.83 drivers (vista 64 bit). No problems here, I can play with all settings max (shadows disabled), including sky at max settings, and everything ran fine.

Wow awsome news :-D. How about BZ1 on 280? What other older games you have?
Thanks.

TheJamsh

TOO, you know you can set shadows to 'one' in BZ2 right? that does work fine. unless youre VC doesnt support it or anything but yeh im just pointing it out

Angstromicus

Yea, "One" works, but meh.

Oh, and I recently tried BZI and I got the menu's to show up just fine. The game crashed when I tried actual gameplay, though. But I'm using the original, unpatched version on vista 64-bit.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Hey, TOO, are you going to try BZ1 patched up?

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Angstromicus

Angstromicus

I got both versions working, but only by running in software mode. Hardware mode generates an "Unhandled Exception" message and a very bad static sound for a brief moment.

Well, got myself 8800GTS 640MB card for $89. BZ1 and BZ2 work really well with ForceWare 177.92.  I'm very surprised to see that most of my old games are working with them.  Tried new 180.43 beta and they are complete pile of garbage. Whatever you do, avoid them like a plague. Massive corruption in all BZ and Battlefield games, just to name a few. I'm going to stick with 177.92 for a now.
Oh and if anyone is interested to try 177.92 you can get them here http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-Forceware-XP-177.92-32-bit-download-2042.html

Angstromicus

I'll have to try that version out some time. The version I tested with was 177.83. Thanks for the heads up!