• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Need help!!! Please

Started by battler, April 15, 2008, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battler

Hi im new here. Hello to all from me. Im german please forgive my bad english.  :roll:

Ok. I have this problem:

Link Picture: 

Is is comming up if i start a game (single/multi)
I can't do it away. Can somebody help me? Are you need more detiles?

Thank you!!!!

MFG battler the new guy

Commando

bigbadbogie

yeah - thats just the console - nothing to worry about

it looks like it is coming up because the ivrecy00.msh file is missing - this happens when it is created from an .xsi file
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

When it makes the mesh, it says something to the effect of "Building MSH from XSI."

What happened there is the map called for a bad mesh (i.e.: ivrecy00[space].msh), which is why the console popped up.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GSH

Actually, it's control-` to close the console. (That's the backwards single quote). pb4 has the ability to remap this much easier in gameprefs.ini.

Also, judging from the screenshot, it seems to have generated 'ivrecy00 .msh' -- it looks like there's a space between that 0 and the period. That's odd.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

There's always been a space between the filename and the extension in the console if it cannot find a model, go ahead and try it for yourself. Edit a vehicle to look for a non-existing model, it will pop up an error in this fashion.

I'd say that you may need to reinstall that install of BZ2.

On a related note, on my Dad's comp, I cannot close the console at all when it does pop up, as ctrl + tilda doesnt work. Is there a console command to close it? And if not, can there be one in PB4?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Red Devil

BZ2 always tries to rebuild a mesh is the xsi's timestamp is newer than the mesh file's timestamp.
What box???

Commando

GSH that space occurs in the latest betas too last time I checked.

Nielk1

Güten Morgon, Tag, Aben (Nacht if your going to bed) ... There, I don't think I know any more German...

The sentence order always gets me. Some gets translated as "a wonderful day have you".

Anyway, your English seems fine, please stick around!

Click on the image...

battler

:lol:
OK!! It works!!! I thank you for this BIGBIGBIG help!!!
I need 6 hour before, than i found this board and think to myselfe, this people can help me, or nobody.

THANK YOU!!!!

PS: On the German key it is CTRL ^  its the science left from the key one (1)

OK. Thanks!!!

battler

Oh nO!!!
Now i have a new problem:
If i start a Multiplayer Game, the computer doesnt begin to bild up! But why? In single player it works. Did i do anithing wrong??

Red Devil

Are you using stock or a mod?

Which map are you using?

Which Recycler are you using?

Which AIP did you choose?
What box???

Axeminister

Choose a map that starts with MPI. For instance MPI Bridges. Maps that start with "ST" are for two human teams. MPI stands for multiplayer instant, and ST stands for strategy. For the best MPI games install G66 mappacks.

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battlezone_2_1.3pb3_Install_Guide
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GreenHeart

If he is using pb3 stock & no mods then he shouldn't be getting the console error that says  "ivrecy00.msh" since i remember going through the patch & submitting all the missing msh files that were in my bindata folder before pb3 was released to prevent bad assets.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Red Devil

Battler, I see you're using FE 1.3 PB3 in that screenshot.  Some of the Recyclers don't deploy in the mod.  Try Mega Mountain.  I know that works.
What box???