• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Need help!!! Please

Started by battler, April 15, 2008, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

The fe mpi is setting the wrong aip's.

Looks like I either supplied the wrong mpi dll or the dll I supplied is borked.

I'll go see what's up.  In the meantime, stock works okay.  By stock, we mean without any "Mods".  FE is a mod.
What box???

GSH

What might be simpler is this:

1) Install BZ2 and 1.3pb3 into one directory, e.g. "c:\program files\games\Battlezone II 1.3pb3"
2) Install BZ2 and 1.3pb3 into a different directory, e.g. "c:\program files\games\Battlezone II 1.3pb3FE" . Then install FE in here.

Try to get #1 working ingame first.

-- GSH

Red Devil

Found the problem.  I added the Cerberi ships to the starting vehicles list and that threw off the math.  The FE PB3 DLL is using the old method instead of the new (better) method. 

I'll post a fix shortly, but do what GSH says and use stock PB3 for now.  FE is kinda hard...
What box???

Steeveeo

Speaking of which, there better be a playable mode for the less "|337" people like me...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Spawn

Type "game.cheat bzfree" into the console.

anomaly

Can the missions be fixed to work in th editor? and what would need to be done to them?

Quote from: Steeveeo on April 16, 2008, 06:34:34 PM
Speaking of which, there better be a playable mode for the less "|337" people like me...

I don't think FE was that hard.  Though that was before 1.3 ai...Ok assuming RD compensates by slightly reducing attack waves where needed, it really shouldn't be too hard.  I think the main problem was just how time consuming some missions could be due to having to start over. 

I found the editor to be quite useful in saving time by rebuilding my base in the event of any of the mission halting bugs in 1.2.  Also, sometimes I would also delete the occasional siren or krul if it meant not having to try and rebuild my base from the ground up.  So I think that between the bugs, fear of loading saves due to corrupted files, and the occasional attack wave arriving at a very bad time, what made FE sometimes frustrating to me was the amount of time it could take to complete a mission.

Has the save game bug been fixed? That would be a great help.

bigbadbogie

i just dont play FE anymore - if the editor worked with the dlls i would get right back into it but it doesnt

WHAT I NEED IS A WAY TO PERFECTLY TURN DLLS BACK TO .BZS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe bs-er could create a dll importer by reversing the dll export process in the scriptor
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Spawn

Save games should work in 1.3.  The general solution to that was not to use them, or only keep one at a time, but that was in 1.2.

If you use the editor in 1.3 to play a mission it doesn't allow you to advance in the campaign, bz2 detects it and the results of the game become invalid.

Red Devil

I think the best things about running FE in 1.3 is the lack of crashes and that that you can save games.

I still have a number of things to do for FE for 1.3, but I have a *ton* of projects to finish this spring and summer, so it will be hit and miss for awhile.

For FE for PB4, I'm actually making Hard harder.  :evil:

Oh yeah, found that the plans aren't switching well in FE MPI for PB3.  Have to add some things.   :roll:
What box???

Red Devil

I'm working on the MPI DLL now and will post a zipped fix shortly.  Six more inches of snow here.
What box???

TheJamsh

that thing about the timestamp...

i always have to delete the .mshs made in the bindata folder if i create a new XSI?? whats with that

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

binData is where the newly-created .msh files are created.
What box???

VSMIT

The geometry call in the ODFs may say ".xsi," but they always use .msh files before the xsi files.  If an msh file doesn't exist, then it creates it from the xsi.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

What box???

VSMIT

How long did it take you to come up with that one?

:-D

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.