• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FE & 1.3 For non-Geeks ?

Started by blewyn, April 17, 2008, 08:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewyn

Sorry to bother the board with the same question yet again....but does the single player campaign of FE work with 1.3, and if so what's the correct install order (I've seen the sticky but I'm not sure I understand it).

The 'date modified' on my FE installer file is from 2005......

Commando

Most FE missions work.  I think there are two that don't work properly.  Firing Back will cause an AV after the last mega gun blast is fired.  I'll have to look for the name of the second mission I know doesn't work properly.  It is the one right before Heart of Darkness on Facility.  I believe the first mission on that planet.  The one that starts out with the Hadean Cons building jammers and you have to snipe on of the scouts.

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

Well looky at what just blewyn...  sorry, couldn't resist.  :-)

1. Make a new install of PB3.

2. Download the first file and unzip it to the new PB3 install.

3. Delete the FE_PB3_Maps folder.

4. Download and unzip the second file to the new install.
What box???

Red Devil

Okay, I uploaded a fix.  See main sticked thread.
What box???

Red Devil

I found Square Eyes' FE maps, Cerberus, Reptilian realm, and X-Bones, so I'm including them in the next zip.  Found/corrected a bunch of effect errors in doing so.

Also trying t get FE Trent included too.

Also making the maps sort correctly in the map list.  Some are out of order.
What box???

Red Devil

I'm going to put out another full build for this in an hour or so.
What box???

Axeminister

Haven't played yet, but first noticed that under multiplayer or instant the file 3tsnp4 is name d the same. I'm going to install on the other pc next and very it's there also.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Axeminister

it is there, had to rename the file temporarily under instant so I could play multi. Also, Windy noticed one small thing. Somehow she had targeted herself and she always had a "sabre tank" target on her hud, but could never face it because the target seemed to stay on the top portion of hud and wouldn't go away when "T" was pressed. I just assumed she target herself, we laughed (because I thought that would have to be impossible) and went and played a good game on Mars. No problems.

Red Devil

Good to hear. I had forgotten to say that I had seen Snipe Venus (3tsnp4) in the IA list, so I had moved it out (I thought...  :| ).

Not sure why about the targeting.  Thought I had disabled objectives.  Pretty sure I had.

Also, I apologize to everyone for all the frustrations caused by the AIP's not switching before.   :|

Anyways, if you find any maps that don't have Extra Options or any other problems, please let me know.

:-)
What box???

Red Devil

Looking closer, it looks like you may have installed over the old FE install.  The zip doesn't have the dupes.
What box???

Axeminister

I did do that, I'll make a new install.

Spawn

I think the targeting thing is a different bug.  If you select or give a command to a unit as the pilot hops out and you get in it will stay selected, but since you are inside the unit it had the effect you described, or if the other player tells you to defend the ship you're in.

Red Devil

Looks like I have a few building/ship requirements to straighten out.  The AI got hung up trying to build some things in AI Scion vs Human Hadean.
What box???

Axeminister

Strat don't work. No extra options, and i spawned with no Recycler, Windy was auto-kicked as opponent. MPI worked fine on our new installs,