• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hello all In new here

Started by Wraith, April 27, 2008, 02:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith

I havent been playing Battlezone 2 for long but ive wondered if anyone has come up with ideas from rts games to put into like mods for battlezone 2. Is it possible?
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Red Devil

All RTS games are derived from BZ.
What box???

OvermindDL1

I think we all have. :)

Would be interesting to put Complete Annihilation into BZ2...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Axeminister

most mods for bz2 have the first person view as the main view. so I don't know of any rts only mods using this game engine. but would be cool to see a sacrifice mod, but with first person view.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GSH

All RTS games are derived from BZ.

Sorry, a Sega Genesis title from 1989, almost 8 years before BZ1, gets the nod. See http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/real_time/ .

Not all console games are as bad as some would make them out to be. There's diamonds in the rough of anywhere.

-- GSH

mrtwosheds

Aaah! Herzog Zwei... many mad hours spent playing that on my sega megadrive. They don't make em like that anymore.

Zero Angel

That's just your nostalgia speaking.  :-P
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

mrtwosheds

Its got me thinking, about that other great strategy game from the megadrive, StarControl....
If I could just figure out a way to make players who drive off of one side of the map re-appear on the other side... :-D
Ur-Quan dreadnaughts, shofixi scouts, hmmm yes!

:-o http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ :-o

GSH

Its got me thinking, about that other great strategy game from the megadrive, StarControl....

See http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ . Porting code to modern systems.

-- GSH

Hmmm, where's OM????

DLL can take units and 'port them to the other side of the map...  it's disorienting but I've done it with the Scriptor.

I've played Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master on the Amiga, and they were very much a 3D version of the overhead tile games...  things would hang out 'X' number of squares away from you and move in set intervals.   Lol...  I remember running when we heard the spiders moving IN DM, and laughing when we finally figured out what some horn did (scared the spiders).   And who can forget giant worm slices as food??  Very cool.

Those were the days, and it was the game that was fun, not the graphics (so much).   Take the latest Starcraft..  very cool to watch but playing it might be a bit more going on than my poor widdle bwain can handle...  :)

-Av-

lucky_foot

Quote from: Avatar on April 28, 2008, 11:16:32 AM
Hmmm, where's OM????

DLL can take units and 'port them to the other side of the map...  it's disorienting but I've done it with the Scriptor.

With BSer's BZ2Scripter? I've done it. One of the things that shows up in Hidden Enemies....oops, did I say that outloud? Dang gave another part of my mod away. ;)
Jonathan S.

mrtwosheds

I was joking, star control is a 2d game, a bit like asteroids but with 2 players and groovy pixelated ships, in colour! The link is to star control 2  :x . Very much like the original but with the strategy part removed...(?) In its place is a very tedious one player game.
The original Star control pc version can be found here  :-o
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/143
The sound fx are horrible. 

OvermindDL1

Yea, moving units from one side to the other is easy, has slight issues if the AI is following you though and you suddenly are on the other side, they will not continue going on. :P
Could fix that by just watching all units and any that have a target of the player and move or what-not, just have them continue on through if it is shorter to do so then traveling across the map...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Axeminister

I know it's off topic, but my old Sega Genesis still works and I still have over 20 games for it, including Phantom 2040 and my fav of the time Ultimate:Mortal Kombat. It's all in a box, waiting, for what, I don't know.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

I bought a Sega Genesis a bit ago. Feel free to PM me games I should get, or wait for me to get my list together on my wiki page. Any one who has a user at BZComplex gets a wiki user and page too :-P

There was some top down RTS BZ2 mod work being done, but I forget what happened to it. I think it was Tempest Storm's mod.

Where is he?

Click on the image...