• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MS Visual C++ or Basic: Which is more useful for BZII guys?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, May 01, 2008, 12:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on May 06, 2008, 04:53:03 PM
i think youre all nuts.. why learn a nearly impossible language when you only need to learn the dll scriptor??
Er... multiplayer?  A lot more advanced functionality?  Etc...?
The scriptor is incredibly limiting, why would you not want to learn something more powerful in exchange?

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Angstromicus

Oh man did I wish I had started C++ while I was still in highschool... I was so naive... I used to look in the BZII executable and wonder "How in the world to people program this stuff?" If only I knew I was looking at the wrong code, that was post-compiled stuff! :-P

bigbadbogie

and also because i am the laziest person on the planet - how i made a mod ill never know

My BZ2 mods:

BNG Da BZ Fool

Just on a side note, I also DL'ed Visual C# 2005 Express, the SP1 service pack for it and Game Studio Express for XNA as well. I figure what the hell, maybe with all these at least one should prove of some usefulness for BZII application. Update: Apparently VSC++ 2008 express is supported under XP/PRO, and there's a game creation application called, Dark GDK available for C++ for making games for both Windows and the XBOX platform. It's a massive DL @ 218 meg, but I'm downloading it too. There's also something called, Popfly which I'd like to also check out for usefulness for BZII. Both sound realy cool for learning stuff related to game creation under Windows. Boy! When I take bite at programming stuff I already feel that choking sensation, and I haven't even dived into the massive amount of information to digest.

With some effort maybe I help get some kind of Phoenix to manifest itself from the ashes I'm sure I'll create in the learning process relating to programming, and if I like the results and feel I have an aptitude towards programming I may just pursue the matter further by going back to college again (at least maybe one of those that have an online version.)
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.