• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Importing .STL into Blender

Started by TheJamsh, May 17, 2008, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i have a question for those of you that use blenders importers and exporters...

i can make models very well in PRO-Desktop 8 software. this software however is CAD software not 3D modeler software.

it can however export my model as a stereo lithography (.STL) which will import into blender as one solid object. does anyone know how i can use blender to split the object, give it the approriate material names etc and texture it? any help welcomed

i also need Overminds exporter if there is a direct link anywhere? (OM youre website isnt working too well atm)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

Website is fine to me, log says it has been up well as well.

Also, cad programs generally use splines and stuff like that; not game efficient, remember you are trying for low poly and splines are basically the exact opposite of that.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

After you get your splines and NURBS and whatever into an editor you have to change them to polygons, and that, is very time consuming if you want to actually get the # of polys down.

Click on the image...