• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Map Needs Testing

Started by shane ward, May 20, 2008, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Nielk, instead of doing IsAlive checks, stick them all in a map with the index being the handle, and in the deleteobject function test of the handle is in your map, if so then delete it, a whole lot less costly, *especially* for doing IsAlive2 checks on ~180 handles...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

lucky_foot

Testing....

Give ya a report tommorow morning.
Jonathan S.

Nielk1

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on May 21, 2008, 11:51:21 AM
Nielk, instead of doing IsAlive checks, stick them all in a map with the index being the handle, and in the deleteobject function test of the handle is in your map, if so then delete it, a whole lot less costly, *especially* for doing IsAlive2 checks on ~180 handles...

I mentioned the isalive2() after I said I wasn't sure if there was a deleteObject function, which I new see that there is now that I am on my PC. Yes, go the efficient way.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

Nice map SW, but I didn't notice much in the way of hover cars at all. Did have some fun with your Bions though, and I did love using your heat seeking missiles over the default missiles of the unit I started out with in the game. The default cannon is  pretty intense in the non assault mode; needs a greater ammo count though. You might also consider placing a few ammo and repair pods radomly as I ran out of ammo fairly fast and the Bion units took their toll on my ship. Did some of your units have textures on them as some like the gun and other similar units had red, yellow, blue coloring on them. Also I noticed a few of them were buried below the surface terrain and impossible to kill. You might also consider reducing the ammount of water surface as the ships fighting performance really slows down dramatically. Nice map though...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on May 22, 2008, 12:10:06 PM
Nice map SW, but I didn't notice much in the way of hover cars at all. Did have some fun with your Bions though, and I did love using your heat seeking missiles over the default missiles of the unit I started out with in the game. The default cannon is  pretty intense in the non assault mode; needs a greater ammo count though. You might also consider placing a few ammo and repair pods radomly as I ran out of ammo fairly fast and the Bion units took their toll on my ship. Did some of your units have textures on them as some like the gun and other similar units had red, yellow, blue coloring on them. Also I noticed a few of them were buried below the surface terrain and impossible to kill. You might also consider reducing the ammount of water surface as the ships fighting performance really slows down dramatically. Nice map though...BNG.

I don't think you had the dll (furydll07.dll) installed in the right place, you need to move the dll into the missions folder and you will notice the cars travailing on the road, also using the bz radar cheat and you will see all the white blobs moving, They are the cars.

The ship you are flying in is very new. If you use the deploy key you will be able to drop down to the ground and clicking the deploy key will rise you back to the top. Also deploying will change your weapons abilities and give you ammo. The cannon will use ammo but the gun will have unlimited ammo while hovering and when on the ground it will use ammo but the fire rate is much higher. Also when the level is fully working, you will have bion units chasing you and destroying certain types on bions will drop ammo and health for you to pick up. Also the Pod buildings on the ground will hide ammo, weapons and health. But your version on the map is just testing the cars.

This level is not intended to be played but just a test for the cars. And the units are not textured too.

I have found the hidden units under the ground and this was due to when I lost the terrain map. I have been slowly fixing it.

If you can get the dll working I am sure you will see all the cars....

Anyone else has this map working OK.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

BNG Da BZ Fool

I put that dll in my 1.3 missons folder along with the other mission dlls and everything else went into the 1.3 addon folder as a folder. Do the contents of it need to be copied individually rather then in the folder?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

No it sounds correct, I am a little puzzled at why you did not see any cars.

If you can check, When you are in the game, Just type "game.cheat bzradar" that you have lots of white moving dots on your radar. If you do then the cars are working, If you do not, then there is a error somewhere.

Thanks
Shane

shane ward

I just thought of another reason why the Dll will not work...

If you are using the editor to play around with the map the dll will probibly not work. You will need to run the game without the editor "bzone.exe" or rename the dll to "furydll07Editor.dll". Hopefully the filename is not too long and it should work.

Hope this works for some of you not seeing the cars.

Shane

BNG Da BZ Fool

"Installing should be simple. Extract into your battlezone 2 addon folder and move the dll to the missions folder and start the game with "bzone.exe -map furymap7.bzn" Something like that."

I added the above when I tried the map. However, when I ran out of ammo I did evoke the map editor to place some ammo pods; guess that must be where I muffed it and didn't see any hovercars. There wasn't many up to that point either, but I don't have a clue why SW.

shane ward

Yes, You where using the "bz2edit.exe" program. Try agin but this time only use the game without the editor, "bzone.exe". You won't get any pods or ammo and as far as I know the editor will not be avalable too, but I want to know if you system have handle the cars.

Hope this helps.

Shane

General BlackDragon

Or copy the dll and add "Editor" to the end of the name, before the .dll extention

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

You can't just copy & rename the dll. When it's built, the release config of the DLL needs to link to bzone.lib. When the ReleaseEditor config is built, it needs to link to bz2edit.lib, and be named *editor.dll. [The 1.3pb* DLL snapshots have always done this. Use them as a model.]

bz2edit.exe automatically looks for "*editor.dll". The DLL specified in the ingame editor should be the filename generated by the release config.

-- GSH

bigbadbogie

um.. what??

i always copy and rename dlls and it works fine for me.....
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

I would think they would work as the ordinal's for the function links would be the same, unless the order is actually different between the two BZ2 executables (always possible), although my method of dynamically linking always works regardless, without ever needing the library linker files. :)
Do you want my header for that, you can distribute it in your mission source packs if you want, it should basically be a drop-in for scriptutils.h I think...

shane ward

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 20, 2008, 06:21:41 PM
OH GOD!

1: laggy like hell

2: nothing has textures? white = ugly :P

but really....damn dude...i couldn't even fight it was so laggy... Wish I could explore the map...:(

PS: I was using the pb4 editor.

Did you manage to get the game running and working smoothly?

Shane