• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I need Multiplayer help

Started by darkwarrior, June 08, 2008, 05:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

Hey guys its been a while since I have been on. I have a question, can anyone help me see more servers on battlezone 2 multiplayer. I see very little and I know its not because its dead, because when I am on 1 computer there is like 30 servers and when on the other there is like 6.

I also want my hosted server to be shown to more people other than a small handfull.

I pretty aure this is port opening stuff, but I am not good with it on my router because I am not quite sure what to put in these blanks.

Scroll, for intructions, that I dont get ----------------->

And if there is a mod, utility or patch for this please tell me where to get it

Thankyou,

Darkwarrior (a long to player of Bz2 since 1999)

Zero Angel

Your computer should have no problems seeing BZ2 multiplayer games even if your firewall is enabled.

Try editing your bz2 shortcut, and adding /poweruser to the end of it. So the shortcut would look like:

C:\Program Files\Battlezone 2\bzone.exe /poweruser
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

as for ports, look in nettips.txt in the root folder.

*****General BlackDragon*****

darkwarrior

C:\Program Files\Battlezone 2\bzone.exe /poweruser

says it's not a valid target

squirrelof09

QuoteC:\Program Files\Battlezone 2\bzone.exe

That should be in quotes I believe..

"C:\Program Files\Battlezone 2\bzone.exe" /poweruser

As for your ports..

You need to know your IP assigned to you by your router.
Start -> run -> cmd; When the command prompt appears, type ipconfig. You'll need the last variable under IP address.

Example (My Config)

Ethernet adapter D-Link Airplus G:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.83
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

And enter that in the picture shown above.

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Steeveeo

For future reference:

The Application field is for user reference only, the router does not use this field for anything.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Power Board

I'm Currently Configuring Mine But i Have To Add A Port Map. Whats The Port Map?

Power Board

Quote from: darkwarrior on June 08, 2008, 07:19:17 PM
Even with this

"C:\Program Files\Battlezone 2\bzone.exe" /poweruser

I still get the

Invalid thing

Try This: "C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\bzone.exe" /poweruser

darkwarrior

.:.FTD.:.squirrel-Cmd, I was just wondering, you know how you told me how to get my ip, well I got the ip of my host computer, am I trying to find the ip of I the guest computer or the host.

Or are the ips the same in each case

mrtwosheds

Quotewhen I am on 1 computer there is like 30 servers and when on the other there is like 6.
Maybe they are not the same versions?
Current available version bz2 1.3pb3, will show you all bz2 games running, but only allow you to join games of that version.

Axeminister

Yes that is true. Currently there is patch 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3pb1, 1.3pb2, 1.3pb3. The best gameplay is to use 1.3pb3, like mrtwosheds said, you can see all games with that version, but can only join 1.3pb3. I suggest you go to:

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battlezone_2_1.3pb3_Install_Guide

and install the game as described there with all the G66 mappacks, making sure to install everything in order. Then join me for some great games in the evening.
As for hosting, I'm sure you just need to read the nettips.txt file found in your install folder to describe how to open ports.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

squirrelof09

In your router, you can view a list of computers connected to your router along with the IP assigned to them.

You can do this by clicking Status -> (local Network) -> [DHCP Clients Table]
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?