• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

SatchelClass Timer Gone?

Started by Steeveeo, June 16, 2008, 06:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

I have noticed, while attempting to port SRV to PB4, that the SatchelClass timer has gone missing, as in no "Holy Crap! Death is Imminent!" timer for my Sky-Eye Laser Beacon, and, after checking the Changelog, it said that it was taken out because it was "Ugly, out of place, and somewhat broken".

I believe a ton of mods depend on this, whether it be just in Strategy matches as a freakout weapon; or progression of Story in SP (ie, a megagun takes X amount of time to charge up to firing, and requires a satchelclass to create the timer). So, if you guys can, and if you are making a fix patch for that one AV everyone keeps getting, could you see what you could do to fix the "somewhat broken" part of it and place it back into PB4?

Many thanks to the Beta team for getting BZ2 this far, it just needs a couple more nudges in the right direction! ;)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

I think the broken part is as follows.

1.  You are limited to one counter, but can plant many statchel charges.  Therefore the timer can hide weapons that are about to detonate due to only showing the recently planted statchel.

2.  If you plant a statchel, make a savegame, then reload the savegame, the timer will say 0.000 or whatever for 0 seconds until the statchel detonates.

These two points are to the broken.

I agree that I wish a more elogant fix was made.  For example, showing the timer above the item actual item.

Steeveeo

#1, doesnt matter too awefully much in combat situations, just a minor inconvenience.

#2, unless the satchel charge is set to a couple minutes, really does not bother me, personally.

GSH

Everyone and their brother has "just one more thing" to try and get into pb4a. Half of them seem to be undoing KenCode(tm) changes, or making them optional.

-- GSH

bigbadbogie

yeah - but if you remove features that were previously available....
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Can there at least be an ODF swtich that determines whether or not its shows the timer (defaulted to off if you so wish).

OvermindDL1

The timer you are talking about can still be easily done by DLL and some IFace commands through the DLL, and can be done better...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

But that is outside the scope of SRV...

The satchel timer should ahve never been permanently removed. If I had noticed I would have said something. An ODF toggle would have been fine.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

just dont remove anythign else Ken put in, like the sticky leader round ordnance. oooo trust me if you checked out this new scion weapon you wouldnt wanna =D

and keep the taps! theres no problems! i (heart) more tappage!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

GSH deserves credit for the 8 taps, not Ken.

bigbadbogie

arent they like twins though??  :-D
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Commando

GBD is working on a fix to this that should be better than the original behavior hopefully.

General BlackDragon

I've got something working good now.

Seeing if GSH will help any and then submitting.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

yeh i know GSH did the taps ut there was a comment about removing them if there are problems...

there isnt!

its fine :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.