• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

self-toggling esc menu bug

Started by Zero Angel, June 17, 2008, 07:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Things were behaving strangely in a 1.3pb4 game yesterday so I turned on the histogram and noticed that the network traffic was flatlined (meaning that that the game is out of synch and none of the multiworld traffic going through).

Well after awhile, the "esc" menu (you know the one that shows the chat, current players, options, etc) started toggling on and off every 5 seconds or so. And when i'd try to type that the game was flatlined, the esc menu would toggle again and i'd be unable to get a word in (I did eventually).

This bug, as I know was present in 1.2 when games were terribly flatlined. Just thought i'd let you guys know that the bug still exists.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Zero Angel

The game in question was MPI:Bridges, and I was the commander. I'm not sure, but I think my thugs were getting the units I was passing to them, and that some of my actions (ie: attacking a jammer) had some effect, but the enemy base looked well defended and fully functional until the game suddenly ended (my wingman ego reported that he successfully took down the base with APCs)

Also,  I think that pause join was enabled for that game, since we did get quite a few joiners mid-game, and the action would pause and a message would come up notifying everyone that the player was entering the world.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Commando

Do you know what causes this flatlining?

Zero Angel

I dont know, if I play a few more games then maybe i'll get an idea.
{bac}Zero Angel