• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

anyone know these two lazy players?

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, June 18, 2008, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

Ill just tell them what i tell every other noob. Go play the scion and isdf campaigns on hard :). Then come and play mp like i did.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Axeminister on June 19, 2008, 10:10:27 AM
This game is being handed down to kids, the grown ups set their kid up and walk away. You just started being able to host, you may have to act as a teacher of sorts to bring people up to speed. There's this new kid named ark that has been joining, but for some reason he won't load G66, but always joins my game and wants us to shut off what we're playing and start a default map. Cwazy lol

When I have a kid, i'm gonna teach him to play Manson's....Battlezone....3. Of course, i'm gonna teach him first how to get along with everyone, so he's not being obnoxious like a lot of these whipper snappers. :lol:
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

mrtwosheds

They should be EXTERMINATED!

By WHAT?  :lol:

BY US!

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: mrtwosheds on June 19, 2008, 12:30:12 PM
They should be EXTERMINATED!

By WHAT?  :lol:

BY US!

When is that mod of yours coming out?

Nielk1

So, if I tell an ally to attack my target does it yell "EXTERMINATE!"

Do you have any functions that are handled by DLL? I am trying to think of some condition a Dalek would need one.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteWhen is that mod of yours coming out?
By using the Time Portal (above) I know precisely when The Legions Of Skaro will be released, However for continuity reasons I am unable to divulge this information in this present time line.

QuoteSo, if I tell an ally to attack my target does it yell "EXTERMINATE!"
Yes.

QuoteDo you have any functions that are handled by DLL? I am trying to think of some condition a Dalek would need one.
So far it only uses the Bz2 dll's.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: mrtwosheds on June 19, 2008, 08:00:59 PM
So far it only uses the Bz2 dll's.

yes 2sheds... im sure it does (*backs slowly towards door*)

ps. does the mod have an SP campaign or is it an MP like zemod and xmod?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I have learned how to make tack on code for DLLs in the form of additional classes. They work dynamically by reading custom ODF lines to know what to do.

I have a simple loop animation starting class, am working on one to randomly replace a unit with an alternate when it shows up (I will use this to make my space ships have different altitudes and look better), and I am going to be working on a police siren.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

It is being constructed as a strat/mpi mod. Once I have got all this stuff working, I will release a working test version. Then I (and hopefully others) will put together the 1 player missions, using the mods assets.
This would also be the point at which any custom dll's could be created (by someone who knows what they are doing. Ie not me)

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

mrtwosheds

Quoteif you need SP help, just ask
I do want people other than myself to make 1 player missions. (I am a bit of a newb at it)
Clearly anyone wishing to do so will need the test release, when it is ready.
I don't really have some epic tale in mind to tell, so people would be fairly free to do what they want.
I would like missions with the player as Isdf, Scion and Dalek.
I do not want them all to be, "the Player fights and wins" type mission.
Some of them could require the player achieve certain goals before being exterminated anyway at the end of the mission or a number of missions. So people would be free to create their own characters who do not survive the genocide. Thus a story could be told on different planets by different mission makers.
Dalek voice-overs could well be a problem though.

Warfreak

ALOT of people dont know this, but you can actually decide to have it to where the most pwnrific units come and destroy your entire base and when you die, instead of making it a loss, change your death to a requirement to WIN!!! and then have the debriefing talking to the player as if they are a diffrent person being told about who died. And so the legacy continues.  :-D

Zero Angel

Or make it so that if you win. You're exterminated in even more painful and gruesome ways than you would otherwise be. It would be kind of a nice moral of the story to have.  :-)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

You can actually have the missions, if written in C++, save information in a secondary file and load it to know about your player. His tendencies, how far he got in a mission that had different levels of passing, what unit and weapons he had last game.

Click on the image...