• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

anyone know these two lazy players?

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, June 18, 2008, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

Gt100 and DeviLfreak?

I tell them to atatck 5 times and the just guard the front gun towers for 35 minutes. Im banning these two for not following orders.

anomaly

Dont you think thats a bit harsh?  They're probably really new to the game. Don't be hatin' on the noobs for being noobs.

Steeveeo

bit much, you sure they didnt accidentally have the Info window open? (I've done this on countless occasions and missed orders)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

just shoot them - thatll get their attention  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

Feared_1

Quote from: mrtwosheds on June 18, 2008, 04:58:59 PM
They should be EXTERMINATED!

By WHAT? :lol:

Don't ban the poor people. Like anomoly said, they're probably new and don't know what "HIT POOL" means.

GENERAL MANSON*

Well for one Gt100 died 50 times in 3 hours. I wont be to hard and just ban him instead.

Don't forget that some BZ'ers don't SPEAKA DA ENGLAIS...

Cut them some slack until they're proven idiots...

-Av-

Red Devil

I'm banning GM for banning new players.
What box???

Zero Angel

DeviLfreak is an old BZ2 player, who's been gone for about 5 years. I think he used to help NoK on special ops, when that mod was active.

Anyways, players sometimes miss orders. I know i've been in a few games where the commander will say something like 'get back to base', or 'defend this target' and i'll be so busy fighting that I cant read what they said. If I notice the message too late I'll usually say something "srry wasnt reading".  And if other people are talking too, then you can miss entire messages.

Sometimes if I *really* need to get a player's attention. I'll select him and use the voice commands, like "Follow Me".
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: Red Devil on June 18, 2008, 05:53:36 PM
I'm banning GM for banning new players.

If I correctly remember Ive never been able to join your games anyways. Something abut different files or changed assets.

Red Devil

It's especially easy to miss something when using high res due to the message being so small.  I made a screen for myself that makes things bigger, so that helps.

GM, yes, I'm usually testing something that's modified.
What box???

lucky_foot

I know for a fact I'm a newbie when it comes to multiplayer. I can whoop the Single player (except for that mission in FS...yeesh it's hard to contain the swarm).

I was in a match four years ago and I missed the orders to the point that the commander came and bounced an AT-stab off my hull to get my attention. :D

Jonathan S.

GENERAL MANSON*

That mission is easy. I held them off with 60 turrets and used them all to hold off the mechanna in the end which they all died. I had 30 assualt tanks with sp and mortar waiting for them with gts :).

Axeminister

This game is being handed down to kids, the grown ups set their kid up and walk away. You just started being able to host, you may have to act as a teacher of sorts to bring people up to speed. There's this new kid named ark that has been joining, but for some reason he won't load G66, but always joins my game and wants us to shut off what we're playing and start a default map. Cwazy lol
There is no knowledge that is not power.