• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Blood Gulch

Started by Dataanti, June 19, 2008, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataanti

technoid

Yea, nice map.  Good work.  There might be a problem though.  At both base areas, the ground is a little ramped, i.e. not flat enough.  It might look smooth and all green all around when you begin deploying the rec, but some red areas will appear around the rec once deployed, which kinda eats up more deployment space, especially for isdf.  I recommend flattening the ground in both bases some more.   Also, if this is exclusively for pb4 as you mentioned, you might want to add that in your readme... "this is only for bz2 1.3pb4 -- at the moment".  The ground texture is nice too, those white spots make you think there's loose scrap there, heh.

Dataanti

the wight spots r loose scrap and i cant get rid of them for some reason
and yah i will hav to flatten base

mrtwosheds

On my pc something odd occurs, there are strange blue spots on the ground. Its the sky behind the ground, the black patches on the layer1 texture are being rendered as transparent, maybe you could slightly reduce the black level on this texture so that it is not 0,0,0.

Steeveeo

Quote from: mrtwosheds on June 20, 2008, 01:26:30 PM
On my pc something odd occurs, there are strange blue spots on the ground. Its the sky behind the ground, the black patches on the layer1 texture are being rendered as transparent, maybe you could slightly reduce the black level on this texture so that it is not 0,0,0.
Whenever I DXT my textures this also occurs, I have found that DXTing only works reliably on non-alphamapped particle textures (the ones you use one one modulate on).

Just my report on the subject at least...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

mrtwosheds

You just need to make sure there is no pure black colour on them.

Dataanti

i have finished Avalange now and it comes with a fix of blood gulch, and the rocks that u can drivethroung in blood gulch is a glich and is not fixxable as far as i know. it happes to rocks when they get close togeather for some reason.

and in Avalange, dont leave ur scavsout of sight cause if u do u might not see them ever agian :D he he he

and install the same way as blood gulch and it will only work for 1.3pb4 patch

http://files.filefront.com/Halo+Map+Packzip/;10729848;/fileinfo.html

Dataanti

Quote from: mrtwosheds on June 20, 2008, 01:26:30 PM

u can have the files in dxtbz2 format still with pich black, all u have to do is in stead of putting down:

texture.dxtbz2

in the trn file, u put down:

texture.tga

and even thoe its still really a dxtbz2 file it will still work. if u want and example look at the trn file of Avalange

/l\
l

GBD told me that

Power Board

Could You Make It For Instant?

Angstromicus

Close together eh? Then the rocks probably occupy terrain squares.

Take for example, morock1.odf

[GameObjectClass]
geometryName = "morock01.xsi"
classLabel = "I76Building"
collisionRadius = 0.1
scrapCost = 0
scrapValue = 0
maxHealth = 10000
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = "Big Rock"
heatSignature = 0.1
imageSignature = 0.0
radarSignature = 0.2
explosionName = "xplnxpl"
canDetect = 0
canInteract = 0
canSnipe = 0
ownsTerrain = 1
canCollide = 0

[BuildingClass]
bldEdge = "wwww"

Create a new file called myrock.odf where myrock is any name you want it to be, but preferably a name that describes what the file references to, i.e. ntrock(no terrain rock).

Replace these lines with these values:

ownsTerrain = 0
canCollide = 1

collisionRadius = 1

Note: Experiment with the collision Radius. Larger/smaller values may make the collision "sphere" a more appropriate size.

With ownsTerrain set at 0, the rock won't have it's built in collision enabled, so, with canCollide set to 1, the collision will be more like a sphere than a rock.

An alternative is to download the .xsi pack from bzscrap.com and use a modeling program to create a rock model that contains multiple rock objects, and also owns terrain.

Nielk1

herock01 for "Halo Environment Rock 1" That should work.

Click on the image...

Dataanti