• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

anyone got notes on how to use the new classes and not so common ones

Started by .:.HMR.:.Hunter232-Priv, June 29, 2008, 01:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:.HMR.:.Hunter232-Priv

hey I'm back i don't know how many of you remember me i never really did a whole lot
but I'm back since I'm out of school for the summer i got bz2 back out and I'm looking forward to playing with 1.3pb4
but i never see many people playing online so i figured I'll mod a little when ever there's no one to play with but
the problems is i don't know that much I'd like to learn about:

taps
shield towers
the new hover units
and maybe some dll scripting

i also have a question is there anyway to make an explosion that gives health to everything that is touched
like if it had negative damage (i tried that and it didn't work)
well i think that's all for now

shane ward

Well, I'll be lookingforward to any mods you make ;)

Taps are other building or things attached to a main building. If you use the ODF Editor you can choose what building or unit to be attached to a building, Normaly powerLungs can be attached to a building, and also gun turrets like guntowers.

Shield towers are something I have not played with. so cannot help you there ;)

and with the units, However I haven't heard of any new ones as from the old ones. The ODF editor has a list of classes in it.

You can use the DLL Scriptor on www.bzscrap.com to make dll, It is much more easyer then coding the dll yourself.

From what I know about Explosion I do not beleave there is a way, I did think about what you just tried but you said it did not work. You could get the dll to do something I guess.

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

the new hover units i was talking about was the scavenger and the ones that used to be only tracked

oh and another thing i remeber one time i took the sonic blast weapon and turnes the magnetic force up alot and i was able to save my base from a daywrecker bomb  by pushing it away from my base  i'd like to make somthing simaler to a gun tower that some times sees the bomb and shoots the modifed sonic blast at it
i understand that if it was able to do it all the time the bomber would be useless so i would need to make sure it only does it sometimes

Centerline

As for sonic gun spires, check out the complete G66 pack for 1.2 that I have assembled.  In it you will find one of my maps has a custom sonic spire that can blast a ship more than halfway across the map.  The map is red if I remember correctly, been so long since I messed with the stuff.  I may have to go back and put together a 1.2 install and play it just for fun.

Centerline...

Axeminister

I think it was called Aplha Zeta, always had trouble getting close to their base because of resynchs on that map, but remember the spires you're talking about.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

CmptrWz

Shield Towers are used in 1.3 PB4 (express tunnels on a GH map, I believe).

I figured out and documented most of the options for them a while back, Lizard had made up some models for the tunnels, and then they were stuck into a map so that an example would exist for their use in PB4.

At least one of the ODFs should be fully documented for them.

thanks for all of your help
i've always liked this forum if i put op a topic people acutally respond

OvermindDL1

Do note, with BSer's scriptor, it only works for single player.  My scriptor works for multi and single, but C++ is still better, and you will get plenty of help for it around here.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

what you want to know about taps? im using them all the time atm. (dropships with doors that you can blow off etc woo!)
couple of new units are:

assaultHover
commVehicle

youre best bet would be to search these terms in the changelog.txt files. (ill add more if i can remember any)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

well..
its there just one type of tap
and what kinds of things can be used as taps

and another thing i've thought about is creating a recycler
i want it to play and animating while it is building somthing
i'm guessing the only way to do this(if its even possible) would using dll

oh and do you have to name hardpoints  something specificly

General BlackDragon

negative damage for explosions should work to heal things.

*****General BlackDragon*****

well I'll try it again with and explosion odf instead of making a mdm mortar  have negative damage

edit: p.s GBD was it you that was working on a stargate mod back when i first came around

i think you had the gate and the puddle jumpers and a wraith dart

TheJamsh

taps can be any building or turret (of the gun tower type) they can only spawn opn powered buildings however.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

I have a puddle jumper...some loose notes + tech trees....no other models ATM though...:(

*****General BlackDragon*****