• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Avatar got an idea if you have time after BZC

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, July 06, 2008, 08:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

Has anyone thought of making a mod where the scions fight the cca or the isdf fights the nsdf? Just a thought but could it be made like a demo or mini-mod like the cerberis revenge mod?

Feared_1

Quote from: GENERAL MANSON* on July 06, 2008, 08:32:20 PM
Has anyone thought of making a mod where the scions fight the cca or the isdf fights the nsdf?

Let's just worry about getting those two into Battlezone II before we trip over ourselves :)

Nielk1

Click on the image...

ATM it'd be a slaughter...  no armor, no shields, 1 biometal at a time instead of 5, no pools, no instant scrap transmission, no Bomber (in stock), and that's assuming they can find any geysers in the BZ2 worlds...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

GENERAL MANSON*

@Nielk1 Whats BZRAP?

Quote from: Avatar on July 07, 2008, 05:28:38 AM
ATM it'd be a slaughter...  no armor, no shields, 1 biometal at a time instead of 5, no pools, no instant scrap transmission, no Bomber (in stock), and that's assuming they can find any geysers in the BZ2 worlds...

-Av-

Make 3 geysers for each map? NSDF howitzer could be given popper to kill air units right? isdf/cca scavs can get the loose somehow.

bigbadbogie

http://www.bz2md.com/smf/index.php?board=19.0

And pools and geysers are actually the same class. Therefore you cant have both in any map.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

u can have both, they'll act like the same thing

Hmmm, well, from what I've seen in past testing BZ2 Scavs won't always "deploy" on BZC 'geysers', even though a 'geyser' is really just a small pool.  I don't think they can reach the point they need to get to in order to deploy, or something else alignment-wise, as they just roll over to the geyser and sit there.

Not to say I haven't had one or two manage to do it, just that they don't usually do so.

Still, originally I had all of the weapons unable to damage Armored or Shielded units.  At that time BZC Blast Cannons just bounced off of ISDF Armor...  I think this ticked off GBD because he ended up adding damage values, but I've since left the weapons to him so I'm not sure.

-Av-

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: Avatar on July 08, 2008, 10:15:59 AM
Hmmm, well, from what I've seen in past testing BZ2 Scavs won't always "deploy" on BZC 'geysers', even though a 'geyser' is really just a small pool.  I don't think they can reach the point they need to get to in order to deploy, or something else alignment-wise, as they just roll over to the geyser and sit there.

Not to say I haven't had one or two manage to do it, just that they don't usually do so.

Still, originally I had all of the weapons unable to damage Armored or Shielded units.  At that time BZC Blast Cannons just bounced off of ISDF Armor...  I think this ticked off GBD because he ended up adding damage values, but I've since left the weapons to him so I'm not sure.

-Av-

That would still be fun. Just let the isdf have one pool :).

mrtwosheds

Quotefrom what I've seen in past testing BZ2 Scavs won't always "deploy" on BZC 'geysers',
If I remember correctly bz1 geysers are just a smoky sprite emitted from the ground.
In bz2 they are terrain square shaped models.
so to make a bz1 geyser that works with bz2 scavs all you would need to do is copy a terrain square with the editor environment option, add an hp_emit and an effect and use that as your pool model with the geyser/pool odf.

In BZC they're very small pools, so that 'hoverscav' class vehicles (recy/factory/armory) can deploy on them into buildings that are the production units.

-Av-

General BlackDragon

Actually, I initially left off all the other values when i made all the weapons (probably to help make sure all armors were set to N, since anything else would be invincible) but decided to add them in for later use.