• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ladies & Gentleman, an ISDF submarine that really is an underwater submarine!

Started by TheJamsh, July 08, 2008, 09:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

while experimenting with submarines for my mod. i found this little beauty of a hack. let me descirbe its behaviour...

pressing + holding the E key makes the submarine dive. this can only be done over water. The submarine does not surface so long as it has an occupant. the submarine may also travel accross land (im working on changing this last bit).

the modified ivbsub file is available for download below, named ivbsubtj.odf

http://www.mediafire.com/?0tmy5cjkuad

enjoy underwater terror!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

SkyNET

Done before in ZTV Icarus. There was a whole map with subs and sub bots.

Just letting you know.

mrtwosheds

The ztv subs were both map and dll dependant, they were spawned In the water and exploded if you drove them out, A smarter solution for our space-faring races would be great, like some sort of hovercraft/sub that can operate both in and out of water, as the factory's are land based, Might be better if it did not look quite so much like a conventional sub too, as it does look  a bit daft on land.

BNG Da BZ Fool

I think I've used that sub already. Is it the Seacow unit ? It's okay but really needs some serious tweaking like tripling it's move speed, and turning speed. Really too slow for my tastes. You'd be better off using the smaller Seadog variant as it doesn't appear to explode if you drive on land and the performance is ten times faster. Keep hammering at it TJ submarine types really are cool, but someone needs make a sub type factory that's deployable on or under the water...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

technoid

Well, then someone needs to make an underwater base.  Get on it.   :-P

Red Devil

Yeah, ZTV is a hoot, especially the DM with subs and planes.  Working on getting it ready for PB4.
What box???

TheJamsh

dan u ztv mod! thought i made a breakthrough...

@all - this was just a quick breakthrough not a refined ship

its not .dll basd though!

Red Devil

Many of the things we 'discover' have been in ZTV for years now, so don't feel bad.  :-)
What box???

BNG Da BZ Fool

What I'd like to know is how units can even move under water without blowing up and then blowing up when they move on land. It just seems to defy the original game constraints relating to non hover based vehicles? The water factory must be possible as ZTV creates such units from a relatively small spawn point.

Making the geometry for the factory structure looks easy enough to make and deploy as the contsructors appear to easily go into water without any problems. The problem appears to be mostly associated with the tracked units blowing up after being createdin water. Then there's the issues with the other support buildings. Can they placed under water?

I remember a few years back when my thoughts of making some water based units like an aircraft carrier, missile cruiser, hover assualt apc, destroyer equipped with artillery shells were inspired the ZTV mod.
Maybe I'll attempt such a mod now that I actually know how to make models and other stuff. I shutter at the thought of huge aircraft carriers moving across the land. I'd bet that they'd be sitting ducks for easy slaughter against other land based combat types. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

GENERAL MANSON*

TheJamsh

tracked units do have a setting that effects water damage: "canWaterDamage = false". personnally i dont like the walker underwater feature i find it unrealistic (even though they are airtight :P)

I managed to place a recy underwater in the editor, maybe they can be built by constructor too. I however want to build a dock that you build on land but it builds units underwater. unfortunately theres no real way that can be applied to all maps unless its an armoury style thing.

@ GENERAL MANSON, im making some weapons and may fine tune a number of submarine models to include into a recy variant. could add fun to water maps.

@all, how do i make the sea units damageable by 'land' however?

Warfreak

I've been wanting to say this epicly FOREVER...... the answer my friend is....

DLL    But seriously, you need to script it  :-D.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Feared_1

Quote from: Nielk1 on July 10, 2008, 07:54:57 PM
I would prefer making them have 0 thrust when out of water.

Well then you're really screwed, aren't you?

bigbadbogie

Unless you can make them morphtanks which deploy when they are above a certain height.. and in their deployed state there is no thrust.

With dll that wouldnt be too hard.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com