• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Does a terrain class object work as true terrain?

Started by Warfreak, July 11, 2008, 02:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy to do with bridge segments, they're one piece...  probably do it in notepad easily enough.   :)

Upgrade is one way, adding a lung (tapped object) is another.  Seems like you'd need a combination of them to make it work well.

Don't forget that Tapping them off makes each one depend on the one before it to exist.  Blow up one and everything after it goes.   

With upgrades you could just upgrade from one square long to two to three to four, keeping it all one piece. This would solve the issue with the other side being the same altitude.

Mixing them could be an interesting side game...  as you could add a tapped off segment, then upgrade it into a variety of objects.  For example, you could upgrade once to a down ramp, again to an up ramp, again to a cross or turn...  add another piece and keep going.

What's that game?  Oil Pipe?  Where you put the pieces in place before the oil is released?  LOL

OK, the BZ version of that would be you, as a pilot, starting out with a Cons and a bridge onramp.  Behind you is a corral of Jaks all hopped up on Mtn Dew and Pop Rocks... screaming for your blood.

You have four bases ahead of you, each one with better defenses and weapons the further away they are.  You have to add/upgrade a bridge such that you reach the bases before the Jak herd gets to you...

:evil:

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Thanks Av, now I have a new nightmare to worry about!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: Avatar on July 13, 2008, 06:50:42 AM
What's that game?  Oil Pipe?  Where you put the pieces in place before the oil is released?  LOL

Pipe Dream. I have had it for the PC and still have it for the NES (PC is better with mouse).

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

thats EXACTlY what i was thinking =]

the only huge problem is as AV says that they are dependent on one another. but then in a normal bridge everything goes boom if one piece does anyway usually... i just wish taps would explode too when there base is destroyed. so much more realistic.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.