• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

quick PB4a 'request' if you like...

Started by TheJamsh, July 12, 2008, 06:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

would it be a nightmare and a difficult (or long and really unexciting) task to add a menu under the 'add lung' constructor option for selecting what tap (from a list you can specify) you want to place on a building?

lets say i have my powered overseer array building... it has two hp_tap_#'s which define what is built there by its ODF... no other building can be placed their unless you change the ODF...

however i thought it may be a good idea to enable you to choose from some different taps which can be defined in the overseer arrays ODF... such as:

[PoweredBuildingClass]
powerTap1 = "hp_tap_1"
powerName1 = "fblung"
powerName1Option1 = "fblung" (or some other suitable ODF flag)
powerName1Option2 = "fbturr"
powerName1Option3 = "____"

would this be difficult and a pain in the arse to add in? am i dreaming?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Pb4a is just a bug fixer, no new things will be added.

If there is going to be a pb5, I am sure GSH will consider doing it for you, if he has the time, and if we are all around in 2 years.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Russian Roulette

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 12, 2008, 06:59:36 AM
...and if we are all around in 2 years.

Don't say that! :x
Everyone knows this game will last forever!  :-D

bigbadbogie

REPHRASE: If YOU are all around in 2 years.. coz, unless I get bitten by a snake and die alone in the bush at some point, I will still be here modding.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

General BlackDragon

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 12, 2008, 04:11:49 PM
unless I get bitten by a snake and die alone in the bush at some point, I will still be here

One can only dream... :-D

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

but back to the original thread question...

mrtwosheds

Can't you just upgrade the tap object?

Nielk1

Well, you could have 2 different dummies tapped on. Have it so the upgraded form of one prevents the upgraded form of the other from appearing. Thus, if you upgrade one invisible tap, you cant upgrade the other, forcing you to make a choice. DLL can make it even smoother, but what you want sounds rather specialized.

Click on the image...

A 'Tap List' was one of the things I asked for when I brought up expanded tap functionality, and we got what we got...  I think there's enough flexibility there now to do almost anything... don't get nit-picky.   :evil:

-Av-