• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

look how quick you can progress in blender 3d

Started by TheJamsh, July 12, 2008, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

lole lole lole, oh BBB cheers for the ship :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dianoga4

OvermindDL1

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'd still love to see a BZII XSI importer developed for B3D. It would make wanting to learn Blender a whole lot easier to swallow. Blender, is a complicated modeler that the average BZII modder tries to avoid given the easier 3D model making alternatives. Perhaps if we all get on our knees, whimper a Little, and beg a whole lot OM might look into seeing how difficult it would be to modify his exporter script to make importing XSI files a possibility? BNG, drops down and whimpers oh please, please, please...gimme what's in the box. PS: I can help wonder if it's even doable?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

OvermindDL1

XSI is parsing text, which is very ugly.  There are other paths to convert them anyway (3dex for example).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

@ BNG.

use 3Dex to convert them to lightwave, maybe even a later version of .XSI format, and you can import that into blender. i found lightwave to be the best as objects dont get pulled to the center...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

I tried converting a working animated X file into XSI using OM's exporter without success. Blender, somehow screwed up the file along with the animation. What gives? Why do importers/exporters always seem to screw up things when things are they are converted from one format to another? Any insight on what a modeler can do to minimize these kinds of issues?

PS: 3DEX doesn't seem to like the LWO version 5 file format that my Lightwave demo version exports, but seems to love the OBJ format of said program much more. It also exports to 3DS and I may have to try that next. Are there export formats that accurately translate animated files correctly or is this issue pretty common when converting file between different formats? Truly it's very frustrating for the average modeler trying to find workable solutions for doing any kind of animation for the game...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Dianoga4

mrtwosheds

QuoteBlender, somehow screwed up the file along with the animation. What gives? Why do importers/exporters always seem to screw up things when things are they are converted from one format to another?

The question is how did it screw it up?
If you just wound up with the first (or last) frame it is probably because parenting was lost.
If your animations just don't work it may be that frame/mesh names have been truncated, or changed.