• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

look how quick you can progress in blender 3d

Started by TheJamsh, July 12, 2008, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

thanks to that incredible tutorial im bragging about... theres 2 versions of the penguin model, one is a BZ2 compatible one (only 284 faces, 259 vertices). and then there is a high resolution one, (1076 faces, 1085 vertices)

eventually im going to animate the penguin and turn it into a creature for BZ2. you want penguins! not ice rhinos!

BZ2 Compatible Penguin

Hi Res Penguin Model

there is a tutorial on the wiki book for making this penguin as i have here. my bragging concept is it took about 15 mins to make from scratch. i am very pleased considering ive had blender for less than a week.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

An animated penguin in bz2?? jesus - how are you gonna get it to animate?? You will need an exporter that does SI vertex anims.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

Which my exporter can hopefully do (although I doubt it does it correct right now, would be good to use as a tester).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Warfreak

I may just look into Blender now, OM, as 3ds Max is doomed to an eternity of no Vertex Animation as far as I've looked into it without having to resort to trying to learn to script...... (Using "Skin" crashed my version). So you may be hearing from me on that.

bigbadbogie

If it is proven that you can successfully export Vtex Animation from blender, I may join you too, despite just getting my hands on 3dsmax 9.

Any chance of a 3dsmax XSI exporter vtex anim update OM??  :-D

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Warfreak

No, as OM doesn't have the code on him to make the needed exporter......

Nielk1

If OM's exporter can do vertex animations, I would need a way to get my models into blender from their origin in 3DSMax or Rhino.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

I am thinking I can do all the modelling and animations in 3dsmax, then import them into blender and export.

My BZ2 mods:

General BlackDragon

Lady man 1: "whats on the tv?"

Lady man 2: "it looks like a penguin"

TV *and now, the penguin on your televion set will explode*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTqC2T6q4E

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

BBB, unless your making your animations contain vertex movements, I would sugest exporting the XSI from max.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Yes I know N1. I do like 10 max xsi exports a day.

But the max exporter doesnt handle vtex animations and therefore I may have just found a way to get them into bz2, via blender.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

I want penguins!

...not just any penguins...

PENGUINS WITH LASER BEAMS!!!!!!!!penguins

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods: