• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

look how quick you can progress in blender 3d

Started by TheJamsh, July 12, 2008, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:.HMR.:.Hunter232-Priv

hey i had been thinking about making a gorilla with laser eyes but sadly i can't really model to well

TheJamsh

im not yet certain how to do animations yet. im still finishing the modelling tutorial, then comes materials, lighting then animation.

blender is not as difficult to use as you think. it just takes patience. the only problem i have atm is remembering what buttons are where...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dianoga4

I'm sure I've probably posted this before but if not here it is anyways. It's a link to a list of the hotkeys for Blender.

http://members.chello.nl/j.kassenaar/blender/hotkeys/kall.htm

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Tried it.. dont work.

I imported a 3ds file and tried to export it from blender.

Both are here:
http://files.filefront.com/vtexBLENDzip/;11080075;/fileinfo.html

The xsi is a joke.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

No, what do work about it?

Look at the xsi file.

My BZ2 mods:

OvermindDL1

bigbadbogie

No animation + wont open in threed.

Open the xsi with notepad. Look at the structure.

My BZ2 mods:

VSMIT

Back when OM first released his Blender exporter, he told everybody that the xsi format was just a little different from what Threed can read, so it can't open it.  So your only problem is the no animation.

VSMIT.

TheJamsh

he did say threed cant open it,,, and yeh ive tried. ive also attempted importing in .3ds format things get messed up... i can import lightwave files into blender well, and .obj. .3ds is a pain though..

OM also hasnty perfected animation yet if i remember rightly. why bother editing in notepad anyway when you can do it in 3DS??

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Warfreak

OM actually did something genious Boogie, its a .xsi format fit to work with BZ2 (and only?).

The true reason animation doesn't work is becasue too little of us have even messed with it in blender, so OM didn't see anythign to fix..... Also, you can set EVERYTHING up in blender... hardpoints, sections, etc., so you DON'T need to open it in threed or notepad.

bigbadbogie

But the only reason I would bother importing it and exporting from blender is to get vertex animations working.. and you are telling me that they dont work anyway.

Looks like I'm back to square one.

My BZ2 mods:

OvermindDL1

As stated, they do not work because I have not had any people that are knowledgeable in that area helping me.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey