• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

look how quick you can progress in blender 3d

Started by TheJamsh, July 12, 2008, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

King Koda cant do absoloutely everything by himself?? I am shocked!!!  :lol:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

@OM...

can you save BZ2 .xsi's... open them in 3DE, save them to an importable format that also imports animations and play with it that way?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

I am an INTJ, as such I explicitly say what I know I can and cannot do. :)

Er... what are you talking about TheJamsh?

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 17, 2008, 12:28:16 PM
can you save BZ2 .xsi's... open them in 3DE, save them to an importable format that also imports animations and play with it that way?
Only problem with that being the fact that even if you get animations in the files, the exporter won't export them...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

never mind... i think im talking rubbish... it was a long day

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nick53

I've made a quick model in Blender, how do I get it into BZII?

(I've found File --> Export and tried to export in .XSI and .X files but Threed does not recognise the files, "not a valid file")???

General BlackDragon

Thats because Threed = Fecal Matter.

But it should still atleast fake an attempt to open them if they're remotely good.

Hmm... Did you use the X2XSI program on the X files?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nick53

no I just exported them in .X format ie: tank.x

(what should I use instead of Threed?)

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nick53

Centerline

Doesn't 1.3 recognize the .X models so you don't have to convert to .XSI?  Am I missing something?  Am curious as I want to make soime terrain objects so my question is how to export terrain out of an existing map and do the round trip edit into/out of blender?

Centerline...

bigbadbogie

1- Export the terrain from bz2.
2- Convert it to a format blender can read (.3ds) using 3Dex.
3- Import it into blender and do what you want.
4- Export it to XSI from blender using OM's exporter.

My BZ2 mods:

Nick53

Centerline

I've been out of it so long, so, how do I export the terrain?  I didn't find it in the console commands.  And, can you point me to 3dex?

Thanks,

Centerline...

bigbadbogie

editor.environ.export

go to 'addon' and it will be there called 'terrain.xsi'. It comes with 'terrain.odf' free of charge. ;)

For more information go here: http://zeroangel.overminddl1.com/features/lizard/specialtechs.php

http://dutch-boy.com/3De/ - A whole bunch of old 3Dex trials. Use it quick as it only lasts a month.

My BZ2 mods: