• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Gravity.

Started by mrtwosheds, July 01, 2008, 06:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

maybe you can fix some of it at the time too. i know for sure the setIndependence function (or something, sorry been into ODF's for too long) doesnt work.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

So what we need is a "Gravity map pack"
Map makers need to add this line to their .trn
[world]
Gravity = 12.5  // default. Reduce for less gravity, increase for more.

Or Maybe someone would like to add some subtle tweaks to some of the maps in pb4a?

Nielk1

The DLLs for game modes other than DM can have the Gravity setting easily added.

Click on the image...

GSH

MTS - why bother adding an ODF param, when it's the default? If that line is missing, it'll use the default value of 12.5 anyhow.

-- GSH

Commando

maybe you can fix some of it at the time too. i know for sure the setIndependence function (or something, sorry been into ODF's for too long) doesnt work.

I don't think such an odf setting exists.  I know there is a setIndependence issue in one of the FE missions that breaks it, but it isn't odf related.

mrtwosheds

QuoteMTS - why bother adding an ODF param,
Yes map makers would have to change the 12.5 value for it to have any effect.  :-D
I think its a excellent change for bz2.
Just trying to encourage people to put it to use, nice light gravity for moons, and heavier for those big foggy planets.

bigbadbogie

Try driving an assault tank in low gravity. Its like trying to drive it on ice.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com