• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Trying to figure out why I get bad assets.

Started by Zero Angel, August 04, 2008, 05:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I am getting sporadic bad assets errors on BZ2, when I try to join certain games. There doesnt seem to be a pattern to it, sometimes its strats and sometimes its MPIs. I tried to host some games using default rec, and all my clients got bad assets too.

Bzone.cfg load order is as follows:
addon -> maps13 -> patch13.pak -> data.pak -> data

My addon folder has the following subfolders and/or files:
IvGlowSkins/ (contains only textures (Softimage PIC files))
missions/models/bbgtow.inf
custom/bzgame_keys.cfg
autoreg/*.autoreg (seems to contain all rec variants)
config/ (bunch of configs)
config/game/ (a bunch of resolution specific configs)
commando.zip
OpenILChanges.7z
BZ2_v13pb4.txt

Theoretically, NONE of these should cause bad assets. As I do not recall modifying them (the configs files all have the modified timestamp of 01/08/08. Bindata is empty save for NULL.msh. Everything appears normal in the maps13 and data folders.

Any ideas?

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

If you try to join a session hosted by someone using the German or French copy of bz2, you will get bad assets.  GSH has a fix made for pb4a.

General BlackDragon

If you're using that bz2 Gold thingy, (i.e. IF your data.pak's modification date isnt around 2000, your install is fubar) you'll get bad assets.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Axeminister

If you were trying to join my games yesterday for 1.3pb4, I had installed a version that fooled me into believing it was the right one because of it's exe. name on my pc. But I repaired the install by running the install from bzuniverse over that build and others were able to join after that.

I know Red Devil wasn't able to join my 1.3pb3 G66 games because he was using his packed version of 1.3G66. I don't use that. I'm waiting for Natty to upgrade G66 to 1.3pb4a.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

Speaking of Natty, I haven't heard from him since the 18th of July.  I wonder if he has made any progress on g66.

GENERAL MANSON*