• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Cant host, no one can see my server HELP!@!@#@!#!@$#@$

Started by darkwarrior, August 05, 2008, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

I forwarded all my ports, but it still says UPnp cant start fowarding - goteverything = 0 firstsocket = 17770

Put I didn't even need to foward anything for pb4. Poweruser is on to.

GSH

If you've forwarded your ports manually, UPNP will fail to (re)forward those ports. You should turn UPNP off in localprefs.ini.

-- GSH

darkwarrior

could u explain how to turn it off I am not good with this stuff

Nielk1

The way I know its working is it says it received packets from ppl looking for sessions.

Click on the image...

darkwarrior

Axeminister

Darkwarrior, everyone has a different system so bare with me I'm not as technical as a lot of other folks here but this is how I do it. Install the game from the cd into a folder of my choosing. Then install the new 1.3pb4a patch into that folder. During the install you must wait a few minutes for the C++ stuff to install(it sort of looks like it's not doing anything, just be patient), then at the end of the install it will ask if you want the firewall to be informed of the install, just say yes. Then when you go to host a game you'll see that it isn't working, just alt-tab out of game to desktop and wait a minute. Your firewall will come up and ask if you want to allow this program to get on the internet, click yes. And you are done.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

darkwarrior

I have my firewall turned off. And I am on vista.

Put I installed pb4a in the same folder is pb4. Should a create another directory

darkwarrior

I still cant host a server.

I tried turning off my port fowarding. Still wont work.

Axeminister

Yes, another directory is best for a clean install. And why have your firewall off? This new patch helps make the firewall aware of the new executible. If you have the firewall off then you have to open the ports manuelly and it isn't as easy to do that as before. (read GSH comment, he's the master) I for one don't know how to make a change in the localprefs.ini, or even where to find it. I don't want to know. lol. Just try to do it like I've told you because the new patch works just like I said. So turn your firewall on. Then make your new install.

darkwarrior

Plz gsh come and help me. Tell me how to turn Upnd off in localpref.ini

Axeminister

Well what kind of internet do you have? Cable, DSL, Satellite? Do you have a lan network set up at home? Since you have Vista, have you read any documents on hosting games with that Operating System? Here is a link from Microsoft for Vista port setting.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4da18300-9044-47b6-9038-595c78db81ab1033.mspx

Commando

Darkwarrior, what kind of router do you have, if you have one?

Sometimes I have to restart my router because it likes to misbehave from time to time.

darkwarrior

I have a linksys wrt54gl

and I have a cable going into my roughter and sending wirelessly to me