• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Cant host, no one can see my server HELP!@!@#@!#!@$#@$

Started by darkwarrior, August 05, 2008, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

k, you know how to use ipconfig in command prompt?

Commando

Make sure you get the internal IP Address correct.

Also make sure to check the enable box and to enable both UDP and TCP.

Commando

The Settings I use

Application = Blank; Start = 17770; End = 17772; Protocl = Both; Ip Address = 100 (Yours may differ based on the IP ipconfig gives you).  Enabled is checked.

Red Devil

What box???

darkwarrior

you didnt need a static ip adress for the other versin, why do you need static ip. I cant get that. I got Dynamic

OvermindDL1

You can set a static IP inside the control panel.  The reason static is preferred is because when you open a port through the router to route to an IP address, it tends to be bad if your IP address is dynamic, hence changing... :P

For an external IP, does not matter if it is static or dynamic, hence why they said your PC's IP, not your Internet IP. :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

darkwarrior

can u plz tell me how to set a static ip in control panel

Axeminister

Ah, the wireless network internet connection. I wish I knew more about it. Can't help on that one.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

I don't have vista, but in XP it's Start, CP, Network Connections, Local Area Connection, Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Properties.  Might be similar in vista.
What box???

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

How to do it from the command line:

http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-xp/how-to-set-staticdhcp-ip-address-from-command-line/

The first command has a syntax error.  Should be:

netsh interface show interface
What box???

OvermindDL1

Actually you might need the ipv4 part if ipv6 is also installed.  I have never actually setup ipv6 so I have never tested myself...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey