• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Cant host, no one can see my server HELP!@!@#@!#!@$#@$

Started by darkwarrior, August 05, 2008, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

From experience, DCHP (the aspect of the router which assigns local network IPs -- as opposed to internet IPs) seems to do a pretty good job at keeping IPs consistent, even when the machine is powered down a lot. The only way to know for sure is to log into the router's admin interface, find an option called DMZ, and set your computer to be the DMZ computer. If that fixes the problem, then yeah it has to do with port forwarding and you'll need to re-examine your settings.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

when i used ipv4, it didn't recognize it.  'interfaces' either.

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on August 07, 2008, 02:40:28 PM
Actually you might need the ipv4 part if ipv6 is also installed.  I have never actually setup ipv6 so I have never tested myself...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

What box???

Zero Angel

Whats this about IP6 and IP4. That's dumb. All computers since Windows 95 have been using IPv4, including the modern computers. Lots of computers and routers dont have support for IPv6 and frankly that doesnt matter right now. It should not even be a factor in the equation of getting this guy to host a game.

Just FYI: IPv4 looks like this: 192.168.0.1 -- Whereas IPv6 uses 8 groups of 4 hex characters and looks like this 2001:0db8:85a3:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7334

Which is a lot more complex than an IPv4 address.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

OvermindDL1

It is actually interface, not interfaces. :P

And IPv6 could also be represented in the dot notation, just like ipv4 can be represented in the hex notation.  :)

darkwarrior

GSH

Dark - nobody's sure why pb4 and pb4a differ for you, mainly because you're in a panic about this issue and not communicating very clearly.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

Nothing has changed for workability for the rest of us, so it is most likely something changed on your own end, such as a firewall or hardware or something.

Killer AK

dark warrior i had the same problem and think i got it solved.
I don't know if it's a problem with the router or a bug in the game though.
Here's the scoop.
I had my portforwarding set in the router and under ipconfig the ip address was set right.
i had some,  trouble shooting  to figure out why no one could join my games i was hosting.
i have like 4 computers on my network that do all kinds of things.
Anyways,
My ip address on my computer was 192.168.1.100
it recently changed when i formated a different computer on my net work (wireless)
since then i couldn't host although in the  router the port forwarding was set right.
Anyways i changed in the router settings my  network ip addresses to start at 192.168.1.101; forcing the computer that was trying to host games to a new ip address.
This seemed to work and i now can host.

It possibly is a glitch in bz2 because i do alot of network games testing different ships out and configurations. I don't think it's the router.

GENERAL MANSON*

1. Turn windows Firewall on.
2. Have bz2 (patch=x) x main one you run added to exceptions list.
3. Add the ports 17770-1774 tdp and udp as for the name just put config or etc (whatever you want).

Vola done. Worked for me.

Red Devil

1. You should have the IP address of the computer you are using to host set to a *static* IP.
2. If you are using Windows Firewall, make sure bzone.exe in the folder you are using to host is in the Exceptions list.
3. If you are *not* using Windows Firewall, make sure bzone.exe is allowed access to the Internet in your firewall settings.
4. If you are using a router and it has UPnP capability, make sure it is enabled.
5. If your router has UPnP capability, enable UPnP in Locaprefs.ini or Localprefs_bzone.ini.

6. If you are using a router and it does *not* have UPnP capability, just forward ports 17770..17772 and ports 27900 and 28900 in your router to the *static* IP of the computer on which you are hosting.

7. If you are *not* using a router, make sure your cable or DSL modem is not blocking ports 17770..17772.

8. If you have multiple computers on a LAN, make sure they all have static IP addresses and set their base ports to 17770 +4, 17770 +8, etc., and have the router forward those port ranges to the respective IP's.

For example:

If you have a second PC on a LAN, set its base port (set in its Localprefs_bzone.ini) to 17774 and its static IP to 192.168.15.101.
If you have a third    PC on a LAN, set its base port (set in its Localprefs_bzone.ini) to 17778 and its static IP to 192.168.15.102.
What box???