• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4a Bugs

Started by Zero Angel, August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

My default views are:

Hovercraft view: Forward
Pilot view: Cockpit

But when my vehicle is destroyed it stays on forward for my pilot unfortunately.

And as this means I'm likely to be close to an enemy, it isn't a convenient thing to have to fix no matter how you do it, given that I might be trying to dodge enemy fire.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

So switch it back to cockpit.  It's not like it's difficult.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Mr X

Quote from: VSMIT on April 13, 2009, 09:25:34 AM
So switch it back to cockpit.  It's not like it's difficult.

VSMIT.

But that invariably means taking my fingers off other buttons, and gives the other person a window in which to shoot me.

Look, I'm just reporting a bug that I've found that I'd like fixed, there's no need to make it look like I'm being petty.
starting January 2010!

Axeminister

Well I just tested patch 1.3pb3 and 1.3pb4a and they don't do that for me. If I have a pilot on cockpit, when I jump out it's on cockpit. So it's not a bug. If you made the change while in a game I can see how it might not have took. Double check your setting in options to make sure you really have pilot on cockpit. I leave mine on default everything and if I want to make a change I do so with the shift F1,F2, F3, F4, F5 buttons. But I do understand your reason for not wanting to do that. Time is essential to a strat.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Mr X

It's when the vehicle gets destroyed, and it doensn't always happen. Not sure why it isn't consistant.
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

For god sakes HIT THE BUTTON.

You are SHOOTING INTO THE AIR! Take your hand and hit SHIFT+F1! HIT THE DAMN BUTTON! Your hand doesn't even LEAVE WASD.

EDIT:
SORRY but, COMMON!

"This doesn't read my mind, I don't want to have to hit the keys to do it myself."

I leave all on default. I DO NOT EVER want my view to change on it's own.

Click on the image...

Mr X

I've just tryed it, seriously not an easy hand position to get into quickly,

But I'm getting a little annoyed now by the way this seems to be going, so;

THIS IS FOR REPORTING PROBLEMS, I AM REPORTING A PROBLEM, SO GET OFF MY BACK ALREADY!
starting January 2010!

bigbadbogie

WTF?

You are complaining about how the camera view is staying in 3rd person when you eject from a ship and you can't be bothered changing view manually?

This thread is for reporting glitches in the patch.

That is NOT a glitch. That is downright ridiculous.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Come on, give the guy a break here. He's reporting what he saw as a glitch, trying to be helpfull in reporting what seems to him as a bug/glitch. Be happy he took the time to say so, how many play but never speak and how many speak but never play ... ?!?
Anyway, I could report a similair glitch ....

I got everything on 'cockpit' and never had any issues with cockpit view switching mid game since I made the adjustment. I do had a bit of a problem leaving them on default as when I went in an Atank and came out I lost the cockpit and never got the cockpit mesh back, just the cockpit position(would that be 'forward' view?). Since I adjusted them all to cockpit it never happened again. Do note that if your FPS goes down your cockpit mesh may dissapear as an FPS-saver ..
See if it keeps happening if you put the rest of the views on cockpit as well, seeing I had the problem with the default setting on tracked vehicles and you seem to have it with the forward view on hovercraft.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

He SET it to switch, it just didn't work perfectly how we wanted so he wanted so he reported it as a glitch.

Click on the image...

Commando

I'm under the impression that the feature isn't finished based on how the feature is worded in the changelog.

Red Spot

I think this has already been reported, but as I was cleaning out screenprints and logs I figured it wouldnt hurt to show an example of the glitch.

Sometimes when in tracked vehicles you can see the lines between the textures on the ground, perhaps beter said, you can see the maps grid. Not sure how or when it happens, just that it happens fairly frequent when in tracked vehicles.
Often it only happens when facing north(iirc) and when you look the other way the issue is no longer there to pop its head back up when you face [certain] direction.

ps: is it still usefull to report these issues ? Seeing that the next patch has probably already adressed most issues reported here, or at least I guess it may have.

GSH

Red spot - what's your graphics card? I've not heard of such lines before. Sounds like some rounding errors on the graphics card, not sure.

-- GSH

Red Spot

The screenshot I posted here probably says it all now that you say this is the first time this has been reported ...
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,9017.msg139739.html#msg139739

I've got some realy old drivers for my Nvidia 8600 GTS, and afraid to upgrade as I usually never have any issues with my system .. lol
Perhaps I should consider upgrading those drivers. :)

Zero Angel

You could, but the whole point of driver upgrades is to fix issues with the previous drivers -- sometimes a driver upgrade will add support for a new feature (like a new directx feature) but if you are satisfied with your current drivers then its not a big deal to upgrade.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression