• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

crazy healers

Started by mag, August 08, 2008, 12:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mag

I was playing instant action map circle scion vs, isdf and the healers just started running all over the map for no reason, like they just went bonkers. I noticed if the gun spire next to them got hit instead of healing them they would take off. the first time I noticed a healer taking off on their own was when I ordered a archer to attack a statue.

I also noticed the scavs and healers still run into everything, hanging up sometimes in whatever they run into.

Zero Angel

I rather preferred the breakdancing healers. You know, for amusement purposes.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

mag

that was cool, but they don't get much work done.

I also noticed the scavs are named harvester and the units are highlighted with the players name. how can I change this to the default setting.

while playing the same game I had a walker take down my assault spire with only a couple of shots. it seems out of balance to me.

Zero Angel

Which weapons was the walker using? If it has x2 plasma cannon then yeah its gonna do a lot of damage, especially when you consider that asstanks are equipped with x1 plasma -- as well as consider that the walker is the most expensive unit in the game, you need 4 pools to build a modified walker, and they can be outsmarted by human thugs if they dont have any units to cover their back.

Also, scion was never designed to be effective against seige units -- thats why their arc blast (spires) do so little damage (comparatively) to heavy armour.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

best thing to do with healers is blast them with a few shots from a fully charged assault mag cannon.

sends them FLYING haha

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

anomaly

Scion scavs have always been named harvester.  Not sure about the player's name appearing over them.

mag

these are stock walkers, they are stromger then normal. or at least what I'm use to.

both sides are named harvester. I have not noticed that before.

Dark Scion Soldier

the pilot name is only on pb4a i think.
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

TheJamsh

must be in BZ1 right? in BZII mine where both called scavengers... always :S

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

anomaly

um no? I wouldn't get bz1 and bz2 confused.  I know it calls scion scavs "harvester " somewhere.  But if both sides are called harvester then that's a problem.

Nielk1

Sometimes the name for the ISDF is spread around 'cause it makes it easier. For example, a Scion Guardian might be called a Turret, and the Rattler too, but other times they have their real names.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

The pilot name is always displayed in multiplayer.

mag

I don't play multiplayer, that probably why I havn't noticed it before.

I was using a rec, variant, that's why the walkers were stronger then usual.

Killer AK

i too have had trouble with scion healers just doing weird things.

Axeminister

Well as a tester for 1.3pb4a I too mentioned that the Scion scavs had been renamed harvestors. I think I was overruled, can't remember. Also I noticed that ships in single player missions had, for example, Shabayev over her scout, but also the name of the person who logged onto Battlezone II. I think that was dismissed as always being that way or something, didn't seem totally out of place or a show stopper so I didn't press it. Also everyone had noticed how service trucks would take off and leave their assigned place to service and just go to some random place and get killed. I'm at work now so I'll read the changelog to see how or if that was fixed when I get home.
Take into consideration that it seems everytime you change something in Battlezone II that it breaks something else. What I am sure of is this, the new patch gives the mod makers a lot more of what they want. More assets, etc. All of the mod makers cheered when it was done.
I like the Greenheart variant and the Insane variant playing as ISDF vs Scion in mpi games. There are some who thought the Scions were outmatched by the ISDF, I think that's why we have special ships in the GH variant, to help with that. That assault spire is something else!!
There is no knowledge that is not power.