• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Refusion, Battlezone 2 remake?

Started by Giho, August 13, 2008, 03:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giho

Hi!
I found this little game in production: https://www.refusion-game.com/
This game, that's called Refusion. Seems to be very alike battlezone 2.

But it has some fun things as: real aircraft (watch their screenshoots), Bordlerless map(like a planet work) and other things.

(I'm lazy so I copy the features)
QuoteFeatures
REFUSION brings many breakthrough innovations into the field of entertainment such as:

* Unique union of FPS and RTS game technology;
    * State-of-the-art FPS quality in physics and graphics;
    * Extensive, borderless game environment;
    * Massive units and buildings;
    * Epic battles, hundreds of units engaged;
    * Full and/or partial destructibility of units – for example, a car without a wheel will still be able to move along;
    * No respawn time – more playing, less waiting;
    * Open Games – you can join any game any time – the system's auto-balance feature will keep everything in order, both Master or Fighter, no matter who joins in.

But the latest updates (that I find) are made in 2007, but hopefully they still work on it.

Hope you finds this interesting. I didn't know if it should be in this topic room. But hey it's like a battlezone remake, and some news don't hurt?

:-P

Steeveeo

Neeto! I definitely see a strong influence of BZ in there :P

Although the picture marked 028 (lower right of the Q2 section in the gallery) looks a bit off for some reason.

Lets hope this is a fine turn of events where a new game is actually fun! Im thinking it might, since I have never heard of the company or the game (therefore not corporate bastards who rush an uncompleted game through :P)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

mrtwosheds

Looks very promising, nice landscapes.

Zero Angel

I dont know where you get off saying "BZ2 remake". It looks more like HALO: RTS Edition to me.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

OvermindDL1

Yea, I do not see anything BZ2 in it either, no base building or anything...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Steeveeo

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on August 13, 2008, 06:44:20 PM

I saw a base-lookin-thingy.

OvermindDL1

TheJamsh

i cant really see a BZ influence either... a little bit perhaps. but hmm...

there are closer things to BZII than that one...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Giho

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on August 13, 2008, 06:44:20 PM

Actually you can build,  read it in "Game Info".
As A Master You Can:
Play the full RTS game with real live units; Organize and manage your Fighters – they need you and you need them; Rely on your Fighters' intelligence and incorporate their ideas in your tactics; Command huge numbers of units and build extensive bases; Lead great battles and obliterate your opponents. 

Quote from: Zero Angel on August 13, 2008, 05:45:53 PM
I don't know where you get off saying "BZ2 remake". It looks more like HALO: RTS Edition to me.
Yeah, wrong of me but it has some likeness to bz, by looking at screen shoots and reading.

Steeveeo

QuoteRely on your Fighters' intelligence...

Well now that just prooves that this isnt like BZ2 at all! :roll:

TheJamsh

lol
[boratvoice]Haigh Faive![/boratvoice]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

shane ward

Ummmm, Looks like a very promising game, I'll defantly try it when it comes out, I only hope they do not rush this like battlezone 2.

I love the landscapes, would be intresting to see if they can be made into battlezone 2. :D
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Feared_1

Looks like a good game, but definitely not influenced by BZ2. They might have a few SIMILARITIES, but so does Halo, GTA and Super Mario Galaxy (don't ask me what they are, I WILL think of things...).

OvermindDL1

So it does have base building, this will hold my attention then, see how well it plays before I get it though...

anomaly

Looks somewhat interesting.  Don't really see anything similar to halo or any of those games you mentioned.  In fact, their ship designs look very bland and uninteresting.  Hope they spruce them up later in development.