• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Pb4a weapon pickup bug, possibly caused by weapon linking feature

Started by TheJamsh, August 18, 2008, 04:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

while sorting through my mod files i noticed a problem with certain units picking up powerups, let me explain.

i placed a rocket tank in the editor. as we know the rocket tank has a combat and assault 'rocket' hardpoint. now i tried to place a powerup, but the powerup only replaced one of the weapons.

the problem is, if this type of hardpoint configured unit (an assault and combat hardpoint of the same type) picks up a powerup, the powerup will only replace the weapon selected, not both the selected weapon and its alternate weapon.

im not sure if this is intended, but if i want an FAF/Hornet combination on my rocket tank, i have to select the current 'combat' weapon, then pick up the powerup to get the FAF missile. to get the hornet, i must go to the 'salvo' weapon and pickup ANOTHER weapon crate of the same type. this problem i believe is caused by the new weapon linking feature, must be a loophole there.

its useful in some situations. i thought that if i 'multi-selected' both combat and assault weapons, it would change both. instead it changes the first most weapon.

i think most people have sort of overlooked it, but its a bit of a pain in the behind in most cases. i think powerups should equip new weapons to all currently selected weapons. probably the best way to overcome this

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

I personally like the change.  I hated that you had to enter the factory just to create a Shadower/Hornet Rocket Tank.  Now you can do it using a weapon crate if you know what you are doing.

TheJamsh

i think its a good idea being able to replace only one of the weapons. but i think you should have a choice. i dont even think it was intentional though... thought it was a bug. didnt find anything about it in the changelogs.

i just think its a problem getting the twin weapons if thats what you want. i think weapons should be applied to all currently selected weapons, just so you have the option. could be done easily with weapon linking surely? for all you clever clever people =]

Commando

The reason only one hardpoint is upgraded is so you don't get a free upgrade in the bz1 sabre, or on the Heavy Warrior or Heavy Sabre.  Those units are designed to have those cannons upgraded individually.

I agree the Rocket Tank was unintentional, but I like it.  Since I know how to use the weapon selection index to tell the weapon which hardpoint to go into, I can tell it to upgrade the assault while leaving the combat rocket as shadowers.

TheJamsh

i think it would be wise however to use weapon linking to override it perhaps, e.g. if i link both rocket hardpoints together THEN get the powerup, itll do both?

Just incase =]. if i turn weapon linking off will it stop the issue?

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

I don't like the idea of the free second hardpoint upgrade either.

TheJamsh

its all great, but if i want to change a rocket tanks assault weapon in the field i cant iunless i do it myself... meh annoying