• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AIPs...?

Started by General BlackDragon, August 23, 2008, 01:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Also, can you post the contents of:

svar9 = "BZCRecyList.txt" // Custom Recycler list file. //moon, default
svar10 = "BZC_aiplist.txt" // Custom AIP list file. //moon, default

Failing that, stick the mod in my folder or on FileFront and I'll poke around.
What box???

General BlackDragon

svrecy_m and svrecy_mb already exist.

BZC AIP LIST

// !!! IMPORTANT NOTICE! You'll need to make 6 more copies for each world. Remind me when AIP's are made!
bzceasy_ BZC Easy AIP's
/bzcnorm_ BZC Normal AIP's
bzchard_ BZC Hard AIP's
/bzcextr_ BZC Extreme AIP's

BZC Recy List

avrecy_m Recycler (defalt)
avrecy_gbd Recycler (GBD: BZC Hardcore)
avrecy_2gbd Recycler (GBD: BZC Hardcore W/ Goodies)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

Okay, zip everything up and I'll see what there is to see, if you like.
What box???

cheesepuffly

For like temporary reasons, like in the uler, couldnt you make the AIPs simple, like, go here, and kill anything? Untill you get more um specific AIPs that is.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Red Devil

I think/I may have/ possibly found the problem(s).

1. When I use the ISDF Recyclers for human and CPU and use the stock13_ AIP set (I moved the existing ones from BZCClassic out), the Recycler vehicles don't deply, but just sit there.   
    When I use the Deployer AIP plan, the vehicles rise about 20 meters in the air and deploy the building on the ground below them, so it looks like there might be a terrain height issue, which I'm sure GH can adjust.  This would explain why ISDF Recyclers would just sit there without being forced to deploy.

2. The IA map uses BZCInstant.dll, but the MPI map uses MPInstant.dll and MPInstant.dll tries to deploy the Recycler on RecyclerEnemy, but the AIP plan tries to send the Recycler (it actually being a Hover Scav) to deploy on a pool.  In other words, it's conflicted.   :?

So, either a BZCMPInstant.dll needs to be made or the *cpu Recyclers will have to be made true Recyclers so the MPInstant.dll can send them to deploy on the RecyclerEnemy pathpoint.
What box???

Red Devil

To eliminate the model/odf, I replaced sv/sbrecycpu with the ISDF one, but it still doesn't want to spawn it, so it may be a race selection thing.

I'm having it read mpicheck with svar8 now.

Also, it looks like the either BZCInstant.dll was made from MPInstant.dll or the IA cfg is from the MP one because I get a 'Chatting with All' message.
What box???

General BlackDragon

Red Devil

Just took a break to get some more wood in, enjoy some good pizza, and have a nice hot mug of rich chocolatey Ovaltineā„¢.  -17 with the wind here.

I recopied the IA map in case that was it and I tried pre-placing a Recycler on the maps, but they didn't deploy, so I'm thinking the height thing might be blocking it.  Still digging.
What box???

Red Devil

Figured it out.

MPInstant.dll expects a recyclervehicle class for the AI team and when it doesn't find that, it doesn't spawn it and when the human recycler is deployed, it can't find the recycler on the other team and so it can't start the 0 AIP.

If I replace both the human and AI recycler vehicles with tracked versions, it runs fine.

Solutions? 

A) Modify the MPInstant dll to not look for recyclervehicle and put it in BZCAddon.

B) Use tracked versions, but that would ruin BZC.

C) Modify the starting recyclers somehow to mimic tracked recyclervehicles.

D) Give up.
What box???

Red Devil

// Sees if this is a m_HumanRecycler vehicle ODF, and returns the race
// ('a'..'z') if true. Returns 0 if not a m_HumanRecycler.
static int IsRecyclerODF(Handle h)
{
   if(h == 0)
   {
      return 0;
   }

char ODFName[64];
   GetObjInfo(h, Get_CFG, ODFName);

char ObjClass[64];
   GetObjInfo(h, Get_GOClass, ObjClass);

if((_stricmp(ObjClass, "CLASS_RECYCLERVEHICLE") == 0) || (_stricmp(ObjClass, "CLASS_RECYCLER") == 0))
   return ODFName[0];

// fallback: not a m_HumanRecycler.
   return 0;
}
What box???

General BlackDragon

ok. so i need avatar to do more dll work. Great :)

Thanks RD. Btw wanna test sometime?

Red Devil

I stuck the modified dll in your BZCAddon folder.  I just tested it and it works fine now.
What box???

General BlackDragon

Thanks. I tried to modify it myself but I can't seem to find how to export the saved ...whatever it is. PM me details/instructions?