• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

well we all learn something new everyday... people please read

Started by TheJamsh, August 23, 2008, 03:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i do have some completed assets, but like BBB i want to do as much of this mod as i can by myself, itll probably be the only one i do.

im playing through FE again and writing out a complete events thing as i go along. i might be able to sort some stuff out and make it continue from FE properly, but ill have to change a few things thats all.

i can of course change the events but id rather it fits in. and not all my ideas are from other mods, the majority are my own and im saving them for MUCH later on

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

If you want your mod to be considered 'factual' then you will have to adhere 100% to the Stock, FE, Fleshstorm storyline, just like I did.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

Sadly, I lost interest on the FE SP missions after getting stuck on the one where you lead the engineers in to destroy the super gun thingy, and afterwards got frustrated that I didn't progress to the next mission. What's up with that level anyways? Did I miss blowing up something?  :?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

I think the word BBB was after is 'canon', since this is fiction and there are no facts. (Or are there? :-o)

Click on the image...

There's plenty of room in the BZ universe for many different biometal and human interactions...

Just don't go too crazy, making things too difficult to resolve...   :)

-Av-

BNG Da BZ Fool

It seems like it's easier to design around non Scion assets cause like I don't get the morph model thingy. I guess it's based around vertex animation which seems pretty difficult to do without the right modeling application. Truespace, seems to support vertex animations though, but I have no clue how to apply it to BZII models.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

I have learned a bit more about vertex animation and can map cubes I animate to vertexes I identify the number of via my 3D modeler.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Thanks to me...

And I have managed to make land animals, pilots and organic walkers so far that all work.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

I wonder how BZII deals with vertex animation as isn't scaling a part of the process, yet I read that BZII doesn't read this information. So much to learn so little time to learn it all.

OvermindDL1

You can still do animated scaling if the animation manipulates the vertices directly rather then just use the bulked routine.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Axeminister

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on August 24, 2008, 04:24:39 PM
Sadly, I lost interest on the FE SP missions after getting stuck on the one where you lead the engineers in to destroy the super gun thingy, and afterwards got frustrated that I didn't progress to the next mission. What's up with that level anyways? Did I miss blowing up something?  :?

If I remember right that level was the hardest thing I ever completed in my life. I think I found the walkthrough (which bs'er still has up at planetbattezone) just to do, but I did it somehow. I also never finished the missions. I think I was 80% done with the "into the fire" mission when I finally quit. It was too much. When I blew up the mountain beside their base, I didn't wait and attack their units as the came to me. Instead I panicked and sent my whole army that took two days for me to build in to attack and they died like flys on the grill.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

...and the FE missions are harder now due to the Attacker plan fixes.   :evil:

Might have to pare them back some.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on August 24, 2008, 04:24:39 PM

Thats not your only objective. Maybe you didnt pay attention.

Quote from: Axeminister on August 25, 2008, 05:35:15 PM
If I remember right that level was the hardest thing I ever completed in my life. I think I found the walkthrough (which bs'er still has up at planetbattezone) just to do, but I did it somehow. I also never finished the missions. I think I was 80% done with the "into the fire" mission when I finally quit. It was too much. When I blew up the mountain beside their base, I didn't wait and attack their units as the came to me. Instead I panicked and sent my whole army that took two days for me to build in to attack and they died like flys on the grill.

Put 10 turrets with pummel on sides with 5 service trucks over there and 6 rckt tanks. Once you seal that area and get con over there with gts your set.

Quote from: Red Devil on August 26, 2008, 12:33:12 AM
...and the FE missions are harder now due to the Attacker plan fixes.   :evil:

Might have to pare them back some.

Dont pare them back any :). Most players dont have the skill i have :P.