• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BattleZone 2 Timeline

Started by shane ward, August 25, 2008, 08:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Can someone give me some information on the timeline of battlezone 2 like from the first mission.

Thanks
Shane

This post might also help people who are making mods and also want to know about the history of battlezone.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Nielk1

I have not yet mapped the storylines per mission, but the generalities are here:
http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=History

Click on the image...

lucky_foot

Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

ive started mapping the storylines of FE, but its a bit sketchy. im sure those who have played all the missions will know what im on about.

im only doing this so i know what i have to continue from lol...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

shane ward

I am mainly looking for the plot of battlezone 2 and what mainly happned in the simplest way possible, as I forgot most of that happened in battlezone. Just want to find a good place to stick my project in without messing up the storyline. So far I think I have it Done ok.

Sorry for spelling. In a rush, but you catch my drift.

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Axeminister

bz2 starts with Braddock experiments, creation of the furies lead to Scions, Braddock chases them to death.
Or the Scion campaign has them fighting off everyone to make a light beam that could possibly bath everyone in the light of enlightenment enjoyed by the Cthonians and also activate their planet that's been under construction.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

How simple do you want it?

BZ1:

Meteors fall to Earth at the Bering Straights and are collected by Russian and American spy ships, which the area was full of in the 50's.  The meteors are found to be made of 'biometal', a unique metal that is soon found to have anti-gravity properties.  Ships and weapons are made from what fell, which the Russians and Americans use to go to the moon looking for more biometal.

They fight on the moon, then Mars, then Venus.  Each time the Russians prove to be stronger and field new technology the Americans adapt and overcome, until the two forces reach Titan.  On Titan the Russians unleash their 'ultimate weapon', a living ship made of biometal.  These 'Furies' turn on the Russians and only by teaming up with the Americans can the Furies be defeated.

The Furies are fought back to a moon of Pluto called 'Achillies', where they've set up a huge Factory complex to make more Furies.  After destroying this complex the Americans learn they've started a chain reaction that will soon destroy the moon.  The Furies are readying a transport to escape.  The American forces destroy the Transport.  Good guys win, game over.

All through the missions we learn almost the same thing happened in Ancient times to a race that existed on a now destroyed planet called 'Icarus'.  (bleh)  Two great races fought using biometal, created their own Furies which turned on them, and only by banding together and then destroying their planet could these Furies be defeated.  Humans narrowly avoided the same fate.

BZ2:

It turns out the Furies the Soviets built weren't the only ones.  A scientist named 'Braddock' used Black Dog soldiers in an experiment called 'Project Pedigree'.  Eventually becoming a General, Braddock uses his influence and power to establish an experimental base on Pluto.

At some point this base comes under attack by aliens.  These 'Scions' want some 'Power Crytals' back that Braddock has.  When they're fought off they retreat through a wormhole, and Braddock follows them.

On the other side of the wormhole are four planets, Core, Bane, Rend, and Mire.  There are giant machines on three of the planets that the power crystals are intended to power.  Core is a giant computer planet, of unknown purpose.

BZ2 was different from BZ1 in that there were two endings.

If the humans get all of the crystals and destroy Core the Scions die.  If the Scions get all of the crystals and power the machines they pour energy through the wormhole, converting an unknown 'Dark Planet' back in our solar system into a new Core.  Core, it turns out, is necessary to balance the combination of human tissue and biometal that the Scions are made of.

The Scions, you see, are the remaining Black Dogs that were converted in "Project Pedigree" into biometal/human hybrids.  They want their own planet like Core to keep them alive, to bring a new phase of human evolution to the Earth.

That's about it...  FE goes beyond, BZClassic will introduce the Ancients and the time between BZ1 and BZ2, but I think there's SO much room in there that pretty much anything could be done.

-Av-

bigbadbogie

What about Fleshstorm?? And QF??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

FS takes place after FE and I think QF is during FE shortly before the Earth is saved.

I am working on a clan mod that has become a bit ambitious. It is based off the tree where the Scions die.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

and im now starting a mod that takes place during the end of FE, and after FE. another ambitious one...

Nielk1

Still the AAN? I like the idea of the experimental units skimmed from each member nation.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

possibly, still brooding on it. ive just cheated my way through the entire FE campaign and made detailed notes on what happens in every mission, now i can start trying to patch my ideas into it.

i think youre version of the story is going to start with the space battle thats going on around core, but not sure about that one yet. i might skip a lot of details like FE did, and bridge the gap with a storyline.

the ending of FE worked out better than i thought for my ideas actually lol.

Nielk1

I wouldn't mind those notes so I can put them on my wiki (or you can, make a new page).

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

yeh sure ill send it over to you. it may be a good idea to proof read it and re-write a little. make it a little more understadable rather than a lot of mission notes with the occasional blip of bad language lol

IF you consider the "Furies" to be whatever 'ultimate weapon' a race or faction using biometal comes up with...

and IF you consider that the biometal makes that weapon alive, intelligent, and very very powerful...

you can come up with all kinds of cool scenarios that fit in all over the place...  before, during, after, alongside, underneath, behind, etc..

Personally I'd like to see a mod that got back to basics and showed what happens to a very powerful group that pushes biometal too far and falls prey to their own creations.  I plan on doing just that in the Ancients campaign, because, well, you know, that's what happened...  I can't really do anything different...   but I'd like to see someone else take a stab at it and give us another epic story...

(huh huh, he said "Epic"...  )   :)

-Av-