• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fed Up

Started by CmptrWz, August 25, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

I stand corrected....... The card started getting charged for it still having the fund after so long...... so the balance went null and void ($0). :|

dntknwhw2b

Ok so I haven't been around as much as you guys. Being disabled has it problems. Like not being able to sit up at my computer desk for more than a hour at a time. I can't wait to be able to purchase that zero gravity chair from bed bath and beyond. But that is later.
You guys have helped me out with a lot of my dumb questions over the past few years. I just sent a letter to Steve asking him how to correctly install BZ2. And all of it upgrades and plug-ins. But I just can't stand the thought that this web site will shut down. Where will I go to ask dumb questions? 

So how do I donate? I have a PayPal account. I can let go of a 20. I know it's not much. But I would like to help.

Feared_1

CmptrWz, we're all expecting a nice WTF IS UP WITH THIS from you tomorrow. :)

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

dntknwhw2b: Dude, put the dough towards that chair instead and we'll be cool.
What box???

Sonic

Well, I just dropped 10 more bucks on CmptrWz's lap for the site. Assuming no one has donating since than, we should have filled that nice 2 dollar gap. ;)
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

CmptrWz

Good news: Sonic's additional donation and the ECheck brought the total to over $500!

Bad news: A donation pulled BACK due to a dispute 15 minutes after the ECheck cleared brought it down to just under $490. BEFORE fees.

Edit: Typo, hit 8 when I meant to hit 9.

Feared_1

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

CmptrWz

Well, not being able to get money OUT of my paypal account while they decide if I had anything to do with said dispute is making me not count it.

Nielk1

Well that sucks.

Why on EARTH would something be disputed like that?!

Click on the image...

CmptrWz

Direct credit card donation, no paypal account, and someone contested the charge on the credit card. Why, I don't know.

Sonic

Damn, could we have an extension on the deadline than, maybe someone else will chip in 10 bucks.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

CmptrWz

No extension. Don't cut it so close next time? :P

Bort

Quote from: CmptrWz on August 25, 2008, 01:58:28 PM
Today I got up, started some laundry, went to visit my insurance agent about canceling my policy with them due to switching insurance companies. They haven't been around for a couple of weeks now, and were impossible to work with for a month before that.

They weren't there. I had to call their parent company to get a human.

I come home, move some laundry around, make some code changes in MM5 to hopefully get BZ2 to run longer when it runs it (haven't seen the issue myself). For some reason I find coding relaxing. Decide to test the changes by running BZ2. Hell, why not play an actual game, I have time.

I start up a MPI on the latest public beta. No password, anyone can join, firewall should let people in. Start beating up on the CPU, but not too much, I want to go for an hour or so at least to make sure things are stable.

Ten minutes into the game someone joins. Named "playisdf". No clue who they are at this point. I wasn't playing as "CmptrWz" so I don't know if they knew who I was, doubt they did.

They ask if they can join me. That was fine. I say yes. They come in.

They ask for a Sabre. I happen to have one, I give them it.

Then they kill me, call me a n00b, and tell me to give them command. I kick them.

A moment later they come back in, apologize, and get back into the game. No sooner do I hop out of my scout to change settings in the recycler do they kill me again.

I ban them.

A few minutes later my firewall tells me that they are portscanning me. They find a few fake processes I keep running just for people who do so, and attempt to get into them. Fail, they are fakes after all, but I have a nice log of all the attacks they tried.

I resume playing, figuring I will look into it later. Being pissed I am doing great and horribly at the same time. Good at blowing stuff up, not so good at base management.

Someone else comes in, this time with an actual name. Which I am withholding. They ask if they can join me. I say yes. They come in and join me. Not longer after they ask if they can have command, I politely decline. So they kill me. I have had enough of this, I ban them too.

Not long after that I have to take care of something else, so I quit. Later, looking at things here on BZU and in my firewall logs both people appear to have most likely been the same person. Who emailed ME with my own IP saying that if I am registered on BZU I should ban myself.

I have opted not to ban them from BZU, however. They probably won't care anyway. But if people in the community are pulling crap like this, well, I don't want to be in it anymore. Every time I try to play BZ2 I like the community less and less.

BZU is now in "reply only" mode, with one exception. Registrations are no longer moderated, they are outright disabled. In the near future I will decide if BZU should go to being a static site, or just go away.

The bad apples should be banned, their IP's listed in a Suggested IP Bans post so nobody else has these experiences with them, and I feel ya bro! I'd like to see this forum continue. It is probably the same people terrorizing the entire bz community (both bz1 and 2) because they have nothing better to do with themselves. If you close this site down...they win. If they get banned and denied access they can't harass us anymore. So they'd have to find another game and another community to terrorize.

I hope to see this site continue. It is the last old school community board that these jerks haven't ruined or had shut down therefore they gain traffic to their stupid forum that's full of nothing but their lies, hacks, and bullhoot. It's not right to let them keep doing it.
Ban them! And list their IP's so everyone else can ban them too.