• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fed Up

Started by CmptrWz, August 25, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: General BlackDragon on August 28, 2008, 10:36:14 AM
PS: Hi sonic! havnt seen u on msn in a while :(

I've switched to a Jabber network out of frustration with MSN. I only sign on to MSN every so often now.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

CmptrWz

Last I checked:

1 - Since my last update no additional has come in (Sonic was a tad lax in reporting his donation here, it is already in the total)
2 - Neither myself nor Sonic use MSN anymore. I have an XMPP server that we use, lot less trouble. Was thinking about setting up a bzuniverse variant of the server, but I am not sure. While it would only take me a short amount of time I don't know if anyone would care. That and it would make it easier for people to find me on IM......
3 - DDT Sonic

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: CmptrWz on August 28, 2008, 02:01:07 PM
Last I checked:

1 - Since my last update no additional has come in (Sonic was a tad lax in reporting his donation here, it is already in the total)
2 - Neither myself nor Sonic use MSN anymore. I have an XMPP server that we use, lot less trouble. Was thinking about setting up a bzuniverse variant of the server, but I am not sure. While it would only take me a short amount of time I don't know if anyone would care. That and it would make it easier for people to find me on IM......
3 - DDT Sonic

DDT?

Is that what yall are talking about?

http://www.jabber.org/node/472

TheJamsh

Quote from: CmptrWz on August 28, 2008, 02:01:07 PM
Was thinking about setting up a bzuniverse variant of the server, but I am not sure. While it would only take me a short amount of time I don't know if anyone would care. That and it would make it easier for people to find me on IM......

by this, do you mean an instant messenger built into BZU or something along those lines? not sure i fully understand.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CmptrWz

DDT - Don't do That, referring to I had typed my post when he submitted his.

As for the IM thing, it would be username@bzuniverse.com XMPP addresses. If I were to set it up.

OvermindDL1

What jabber network?  Is it open to registrations?

And I like Pidgin, jabber, msn, whatever, it all works the same.  :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

shane ward

As I said I have given more money about $100, little early but I get paid soon anyway :P

Thats all I can give. Hope it helps in some way.

I'll send you a PM CmptrWz.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

CmptrWz

$427/410.43. Add in some for Overmind's not-quite-a-donation donation and we are up to $457/440.43.

As for the network, I set up my own server. Registrations can be obtained for the server in question by getting me, Sonic, or Kalshion to give one on our respective domains, or by registering at one of my other site's forums. That site's XMPP net is directly tied to forum accounts.

Axeminister

I gave 50. Hope this not only blows cmptrwz's mind but let's him know that the bad eggs are way over shadowed by us more sophisticated and sociable people. Windy and I play 1.3pb3 G66 almost every night at Central time 7pm through 10pm. Come join us for some Gorgon slapping, Walker blasting mpi's whenever you get a chance.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

OvermindDL1

Yea, definitely getting close if not exceeding the "WTF" point now.  :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Sonic

Quote from: GENERAL MANSON* on August 28, 2008, 02:03:29 PM
DDT?

There is DDT, DDTE, IWDT, NYWNDT...

I believe our highest was 6 rounds of that, saying the exact same thing at roughly the same time...Of course, I thinkt he most impresive was back when CmptrWz and I posted at the EXACT same time. The server we were posting too couldn't handle it and had to delete one of our posts for sanity sakes.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

TheJamsh

you know, i really dont think those morons Mr Wz said about are from this forum...

out of curiosity, has anyone scouted other forums for who the pillock might be?

Red Devil

You actually might want to thank 'play_isdf', Wz  :lol:  (although that pilot name is probably on all BZ2 pilot lists).
What box???

TheJamsh

i dunno, can money buy happiness?

well not on its own, but its a sodding good start!

Red Devil

It gives you freedom, and, when you have freedom, that's what makes you happy.   :-)
What box???