• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

more support with the instant and multiplayer .dll's

Started by TheJamsh, August 26, 2008, 11:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

is it possible to add support for portals into these .dll's? maybe even make it look for an external portal effect depending upon the race prefix of the portal?

just thought id ask, maybe a PB5 thing, or maybe someone can just do it anyway lol? i dont know if those files are editable?

itll probably give me bad assets if i use with someone playing stock game but rest assured i wont be using it like that

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

It is much easier for you to make a DLL for your situation. Since the BZN sets the DLL used, you can even still use the stock maps in your mod if you ignore their BZNs and supply your own.

I am messing with a hunt class atm that is easy to add to any DLL VC++ VS project.
I will look into portals after I mess with the locking S-bay and other small things that I think yet a 3rd version of the Borg made by me will use.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

okay cool, i just want them to be able to fit in with standard instants and multiplayer stuff...

so maybe itll look around for a *bportal1, which will link back and forth with *bportal2 or whatever, and so on and so forth in pairs. thing is i could probably do it in the BZ scriptor, but i have no idea just how much information is in the instant and multiplayer.dlls. its probably way out of the scope of that scriptor.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

i thought as much...

can the originals be laoded into some sort of C++ scriptor and edited?

Nielk1

Click on the image...