• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AV'ed by joydivison

Started by Ac/dc, August 28, 2008, 06:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ac/dc

in a strat, he asked me to lock game, as soon as i said ok and went into menu to lock, he killed me. I kicked him, and got 3 av's matching he's ip

I strongly suggest you ban his ip in 1.2 patch (to avoid being av'ed by him, not much point banning him in 1.3 since intentional av is fixed) which is 72.85.195.61

bigbadbogie

1.2 development ended 7 years ago.

If you don't want this and various other MP bugs, play 1.3.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Ac/dc

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 28, 2008, 06:42:53 AM

this as nothing to do with 1.3

OvermindDL1

Kind of sounds like it does as all known MP-capable remote AV's have been fixed in 1.3 thus far, and if this is 1.3 then we would love to know how that happens so it can be fixed.  We kind of need more details, such as the exception log, to be able to determine what caused it.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

General BlackDragon

look at the Acess violation, the log is bland, only a random number, no partial log or other info.

this occured in 1.2

This is why the 1.3 patch was made. to fix THAT bug.

*****General BlackDragon*****

GENERAL MANSON*

If you do get 1.3 get 1.3pb4a although only have 3 players in it max and avoid GH Circle map for mpi. Otherwise try 1.3pb3 for g66. Also you might want to uninstall adobe acrobat reader and put 9.x on.

Feared_1

Well, for starters, you could have used "/lockdown" to lock the game instead of pressing escape. :)

lucky_foot

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 28, 2008, 06:42:53 AM

1. I doubt he's going to switch to 1.3pb4a or he wouldn't have been reporting this bug.

2. He's probably posting so all the rest of the people who still use 1.2 (or both...it is possible you know. :D )will watch out for the guy.

Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

so it IS possible to pause the game sort of. ill still ban him anyway lol

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Guys, this is not a bug report.

It is an AVer warning. I know many of you have never seen one of these, but this is AC/DC giving us a public service by telling us someone WE should ban from OUR BZ2 1.2

Thank you for the report AC/DC and glad to see you expanding your topic horizon on this forum (since normally you just gave feedback to the 1.2 rec variant for 1.3)!

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

It would be pretty easy to make an app that people could use to sync up a banned list on a server, upon which only people who are reported as repeat offenders would be added to, and would have to prove themselves pretty well to be taken off.  Actually it would be *really* easy to whip up such a program... hmm...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Raven

Zero Angel

Quote from: Ac/dc on BZ2Maps.comIt appears ive made a mistake as ive checked and double checked to find that the ip on the monitor actually matches joydivison's, mauler bait just has a similar ip

Now that makes more sense. JoyDivision is a known AV'er in BZ2...
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

You can rename the topic so ppl don't get confused.

Click on the image...