• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hi/Help/Wallpaper

Started by CivBase, September 01, 2008, 04:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

Okay, so I am new here (obviously).  I love Battlezone and am also a Halo and CnC: RA2 fan.  I have Rise of the Black Dogs on N64 and Battlezone II on computer.  I love RTS and FPS games and I think BZ is the perfect combination.  Too bad there's no BZ III.  Microsoft should put BZ RotBD on the Xbox Live Marketplace, that'd get tons of hits.

My problem is that I cannot play online with BZ2.  I try to join a game and it either says "Timeout trying to connect" or "____ map cannot be found."  Now, I'm guessing that the second one is just cuz I don't got the map... so where can I get it?

Also, I made a BZ2 wallpaper cuz I didn't like any of the ones at the Gamespy BZ site.  Tell me if you like it (I'm thinking about making one for the warrior too).  If you guys like it, I'll make more.
800x600
1024x768
1600x1200

Nielk1

Nice wallpaper, good quality cut out.

Where are you located (country) and what version of BZ2 are you trying to play MP in (just warning you 1.3 is a lot of strategy while below is a lot more player FPS oriented)? This might be related to your issue.

If you are using 1.3, missing maps are very unlikely as there are not many map pack for it outside those that come with it. If 1.2, many of the players use ZST maps which I assume or excellent for flying.

Site of interest:
www.bzuniverse.com
www.bz2md.com
www.bzcomplex.com
www.bzcommand.com
www.bzscrap.com
www.bz2maps.com (Don't talk or even mention 1.3 here, you will get rabidly attacked.)

Click on the image...

CivBase

Quote from: Nielk1
Nice wallpaper, good quality cut out.
Thx!  I think I'm gunna work on a sig pic next...

Where are you located (country) and what version of BZ2 are you trying to play MP in (just warning you 1.3 is a lot of strategy while below is a lot more player FPS oriented).
USA (Nebraska)
Idk.... I think I downloaded a patch and update somewhere.... then again, I might not have gotten the update...
Where can I get one? (Idk which one, I love strategy and so either works)

If you are using 1.3, missing maps are very unlikely as there are not many map pack for it outside those that come with it. If 1.2, many of the players use ZST maps which I assume or excellent for flying.
Hmmm.... where can I get ZST maps?

Steeveeo

It also depends on what color the server entry is, if its red, you cannot join because it is a different version.

Also check the server info, if it says Unknown Map, you will not be able to join normally, but I think the Join IP button works so you can enter and ask where they got the map.

One last thing, if its a map you have, in the right server, the ping is fine, and its not passworded, but you still get a connection timeout, you may need to allow BZ2 through any software firewalls you may have and/or forward your ports through the router (17770-17774 TCP and UDP).

If you need a tutorial on any of that, google is your friend.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

1.2 info is very prevalent on bz2maps.com, home of the ZST maps (for 1.2).
1.3 info is mainly here (though unlike bz2maps we don't shun the other side).

You can have 2 or more installs, I suggest one for 1.2 and one for 1.3pb4a.
I use:
C:\Program Files\Battlezone II 1_2\
C:\Program Files\Battlezone II 1_3pb4a\

Your location is a good one, in the US (easiest to get games). What is your internet type? DLS, Cable, Satellite, Dial-up?

EDIT: I am not sure, I think only 1.3 shows other versions as red.
In the status column, X is no new joins, P is passworded, V is wrong version.

The port forwarding is required for others to see your games when you host, but not to play as a client.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on September 01, 2008, 05:16:43 PM
The port forwarding is required for others to see your games when you host, but not to play as a client.
I had to forward my ports on my Dad's comp to play online IIRC.

Feared_1

Only 1.3 shows red servers.

If you see almost no servers in Multiplayer, you're probably playing 1.1
If you see a TON of servers in Multiplayer, you probably have 1.2
If you see a few red servers and maybe 2-3 white ones, you have 1.3.

Don't worry about 1.1, but I would recommend getting 1.2 AND 1.3 by having two different BZ2 installs. You will become a much more SKILLED player in 1.2 at the cost of experiencing tons of bugs and exploits. There are also much more games in 1.2. You will learn strategy, patience, and experience less bugs in 1.3, but not as many people at one time. Having both will create a nice "balance".

Download 1.2 maps at BZ2MAPS (Nielk1 already gave the link). Other maps can be found at various other sites (also in Nielk1's post).

Have fun!

Nielk1

Click on the image...

CivBase

It looks like I got a lot of testing to do... sounds fun! :-D

Warfreak

1.3 info is mainly here (though unlike bz2maps we don't shun the other side).

The way some of the people here responded to the heads up on the 1.2 AVer tells me otherwise......  :|

CivBase

Okay... I think I'm gunna restart this whole thing and update it.  But, so that I don't loose all my campaign progress, what file(s) must I copy to preserve profiles and accomplished missions?
Also, what patches/updates should I use? (links would be helpful)
And lastly, where is the server entry color/join IP buttons that you guys talked about earlier?
Thx for all the help!

EDIT:
I made a new wallpaper for the warrior. :-D
800x600
1024x768
1600x1200

Steeveeo

BTW, I think I must point out that your 1600x1200 versions of both wallpapers are just 1024x768.

Axeminister

1).To save your single player missions just don't update the version you are playing.
2).To update to newest and best patch into a different folder first put the cd in your pc and when it auto-loads exit out of that. Then go to "my computer" and right click on the cd-rom drive that has the cd in it and choose "explore" then double click the folder that says "setup" then double click on the exe that says "setup". You will start installing and when it comes time to choose the destination folder to install to use the right arrow on your keyboard to make the curser be on the right side of the default directory and add 1.3 to the line. When you press "next" it will say that folder doesn't exist, do you want to make it, say yes. Once installed you should update that install by using this link to the new patch.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,8192.0.html
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Axeminister on September 01, 2008, 09:31:31 PM
2).To update to newest and best patch into a different folder first put the cd in your pc and when it auto-loads exit out of that. Then go to "my computer" and right click on the cd-rom drive that has the cd in it and choose "explore" then double click the folder that says "setup" then double click on the exe that says "setup". You will start installing and when it comes time to choose the destination folder to install to use the right arrow on your keyboard to make the curser be on the right side of the default directory and add 1.3 to the line.
Or just hit Reinstall on the Autoplay menu and change it there.

mrtwosheds

QuoteYou will become a much more SKILLED player in 1.2 at the cost of experiencing tons of bugs and exploits. There are also much more games in 1.2.

BUT Many of the people who play 1.2 multiplayer, do not welcome new players at all, expect to be abused and kicked frequently as you try to learn.