• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

No model animations in game

Started by SLI_Fallen, September 03, 2008, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLI_Fallen

Just reinstalled BZ2 after finding in a old box. Running on XP rig. installed the game clean and then immediately installed the 1.3PB4 patch.

Menu planet animations are fine. Game actually plays fine bt there are ZERO unit animations working of any kind. "walking" units just slide across the map units with animated wings (like ISDF scouts) dont move. cunstruction rigs just slide across the ground. Latest DX9 and Radeon (x800) drivers installed.

any ideas??

General BlackDragon

Got a dumb question, In Graphics are objects on high?

Sounds like it may be your computer using LOD models instead of real ones?

*****General BlackDragon*****

VSMIT

Do the walking units even have LODs?  I thought that LODs couldn't be used for walking units exactly because of the "no animation problem with LODs.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

QuoteDo the walking units even have LODs?
No.
Weird problem, never heard of that b4. Complete reinstall.

Commando

That is an odd issue.

Have you tried 1.2 to see if it has the same issue?

TheJamsh

must be a driver thing... if youre saying you have the latest DX9 drivers...

remember that BZII is written is DX6, and DX havent added support in X9 and X10 for older versions if i remember rightly...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

SLI_Fallen

Fixed it. Here's how.

Uninstalled everything/deleted folders.
-Reinstall base game
-START THE GAME, (checking that animations are ok) then exit the game.
-install PB1.3.4 (start game and check again)

The only thing I did diffeently was to start the base game once before patching.

I did get a MSVCR80.dll error a couple times when starting the game post-patch but then it went away.

All seems well now. Thanks.

Nielk1

MSVCR80.dll

You missed a step. You must install something for pb4 to work right.
Look in your "Redist" folder. For ME it is here:
C:\Program Files\Battlezone II 1_3pb4a\Redist

Click on the image...